New light fitting wont work

Sponsored Links
Please dont just reply with 'call an electrician'. Many Thanks.
Even if we ignore your complete lack of understanding of things as basic as what a switch does, and your inability to realise that your ignorance should be a bar to you fiddling, the fact that you "ignored the green as they are not long enough anyway" means that you are dangerous and irresponsible.

Call an electrician.

Put the two reds into a terminal block. Put the black wire into the neutral terminal on the light fitting. Put the black with red tape into the live terminal on the light fitting.
Ceiling fitting
1 Red
1 Black (with red tape)
2 Black
2 Green
:confused:

And also
It doesn't sound to me like there are any wires missing. This could just be the last fitting on the cable.

Put the two reds into a terminal block. Put the black wire into the neutral terminal on the light fitting. Put the black with red tape into the live terminal on the light fitting.

Ceiling fitting
1 Red
1 Black (with red tape)
2 Black
2 Green

Sponsored Links
Is there an echo in here? What did your repost add to that which BAS already posted? I already acknowledged my mistake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back