New Mira Shower - No power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Recently been having shower issues. Had a Triton Trance for 18 months, but recently the Power Light had been turning off so had to flick on and off the switch. The last week I had to flick it on 3 or 4 times until the power light came back on. Yesterday morning I was mid shower and it cut out completely and couldn’t get any power to it.

Been out to get a Mira Sprint. Had someone fit it. There’s power to it, however we can’t get it to turn on. Really struggling with what’s wrong with it.

Guess it can’t be a fault to the shower but a fault with the on/off button on the shower unit?

Can anyone help please.

Sponsored Links
Just to say….. we can’t get the power light on, but we’ve tested it and there’s power in the unit

I guess that you mean that you have a pull cord on/off switch. Has that been tested?

There may be a problem with the neutral.

Edit--------

You can get 230v between the live and earth, but if the neutral is faulty, it ain't gonna work.

Edit 2-----

I believe that the switches are double pole- meaning that that they isolate both the live and neutral- I am not a plumber, or electrician though....

Last edited:
I don’t have a plug chord switch, it’s an on/off button. Forgot to say, an electrician came over the other day when the old shower was installed and he couldn’t find any electrical faults

Sponsored Links
I don’t have a plug chord switch, it’s an on/off button. Forgot to say, an electrician came over the other day when the old shower was installed and he couldn’t find any electrical faults
Do you have any isolating switch, you havn't a pull cord switch but there may be a switch just outside the door that looks like a light switch, these sometimes have a LED.

Normally a pull cord or rocker switch for the electric to the shower, then the on/off button. How was it tested (eg, what equipment) and what were the results? You could carefully try without the cover and diverting the shower head into the bath/tray and see if it works - then you know if it’s a dodgy button.

Yes, that’s the switch I had to turn on and off several times to get the power light go come on on the old shower. It’s located behind the unit in the airing cupboard.

No issues with water pressure.

We are stumped, but appreciate the help. Off to gym for a shower!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Normally a pull cord or rocker switch for the electric to the shower, then the on/off button. How was it tested (eg, what equipment) and what were the results? You could carefully try without the cover and diverting the shower head into the bath/tray and see if it works - then you know if it’s a dodgy button.
I’m not good with electri

I’m not good with electrics but he used a stick tho g which beeped at several points of the shower unit including where the on/off button is

• Thanks
This is the switch I’m taking about

Attachments

• 3555AA22-0548-488E-8D85-90EE74133B8F.jpeg
    3555AA22-0548-488E-8D85-90EE74133B8F.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Thanks
I’m not good with electrics but he used a stick tho g which beeped at several points of the shower unit including where the on/off button is
Thought that might have been the case - volt sticks are no good for proving voltage presence, or indeed if correct amount of voltage (circa 230/240vac). Needs to be multimeter or better/safer still a 2 pole voltage indicator.

The water valve was only half open so he turned it all the way but it didn’t affect the pressure apparently

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back