NEW PCB WORKS DIFFERENTLY , IS THIS NORMAL ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just changed the pcb on my baxi 105e and the tempriture knobs dont turn as far as the old ones did, is this normal ?

Sponsored Links
i supose i could have done that but this one only turns about 180degrees and the old one turned around 300 , what have i done wrong

The black potentiometer that the control knob plugs into needs turning 180deg aprox then reinsert the knob

Sponsored Links
so that will fix it ? . i must have done it wrong because the ch knob is turned to high and the rads are just warm

I know someone who changed 3 boards on the same boiler for this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: As gazza says lift the board spin the knobs so they locate properly and work EXACTLY as before

i dont mean to be rude ( me getting the free help and all ) but the actual peg that the control knob fits onto in the new pcb doesnt turn as much as the old one did. how can turning it round make it turn more ? Using a clock face as an example, it used to turn from 2 o'clock to 10 o'clock and now it only turns from 4 o'clock to 7 o'clock. help greatfully received - thanks

I know what you mean turn knobs as high as they will go then take board off turn knobs to low then fit board back on think this lines them up but if not you will have to take board off and mess about till you get it right

sorry for being so stupid but what does taking the board off do ? ( will it turn more when its off)

Thanks for your patience il try that first thing tomorrow when my eyes work , and il let you know how i get on . when it first went off today i phoned a plumber , the fan flue light was flashing so he replaced the air pressure switch reset the boiler and left , it worked for 20 mins then went off ! once again thanks

namsag you were right i just turned the pegs around and it works great now thanks :D . 1 more question if thats ok , now when the flame cuts out the fan runs for about 5 seconds longer , before they both cut out at the same time is this a problem ? (maybe its something to do with the new air pressure switch whitch he says was second hand )

FFS you have lined it up WRONG take it off and do it right

Thanks Namsag, that really made me laugh. Woke the wife up in the other room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back