New rads not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have replaced five of six radiators upstairs, leaving four downstairs untouched for now. (Gas boiler downstairs, cold and hot tank in the loft.)

Plumber put in the new valves and fittings, but due to ease of decorating behind the rads we have only now connected and filled the new ones.

On opening the inflow valves (the fittings are for TRV but we have not yet got these attached) and opening the outflow and turning the heating on, the new radiators are either not warming up at all, or warming up via the outflow (which seems to be odd to me).

Is there something obvious I should be doing, can a layman sort this out, or do I need a professional? (And by professional I mean someone who wouldn't screw radiator brackets into quarter inch thick Victorian plaster and expect it to hold, like the last chap...)

If this is not enough detail please advise - I will be grateful for any help!

Sponsored Links
close all the other radiators and see if the new ones heat up.

if not, have you paid the installer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back