New Shower Circuit Connecting...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of running a new uprated shower cable from the shower's DP switch back to the consumer unit. Due to the fact I am using 16mm cable (9.5kw shower, but the local CEF only had 16mm in stock, so let me have it for the price of 10mm) I cannot route it the way the original cable was routed.

I have re-routed the cable an alternative way but, sod's law, I am about a meter short of the consumer unit. So, the question is, can I put a 60 amp junction box in - then just buy the extra meter of cable I need to reach the CU.... any problems with doing it this way ?!

I really don't want to have to buy another full 9 meter length of cable :mad:

Sponsored Links
Yes you can use a 60A junction box to join the cables provided its accessible.

BRADSPAU said:
(9.5kw shower, but the local CEF only had 16mm in stock, so let me have it for the price of 10mm)

How much did you pay?

Why do I get the feeling that CEF would have normally sold you 10mm² at a hugely excessive price, and in this case could sell you 16mm for the same price and still not do badly out of the deal...

Sponsored Links
Adam_151 said:
Why do I get the feeling that CEF would have normally sold you 10mm² at a hugely excessive price
Because thats how CEF work, thier base prices are very high and then if they think a customer won't accept them they give discount.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back