Hot shower switch and cable

So, do I just call them up now and get them to come round and check it?
It's a bit late for that - notification should have been done in advance.

The position you're now in is that you've done controlled work without Building Regulations approval, and you have no completion certificate.

You may be able to make an application for "regularisation" - check your council's Building Control website for details. The fees will probably be higher than if you'd notified up front.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cant I just get a certified electrican out to check it all and give me a certificate?
You can get an electrician to inspect and test your entire installation and give you a Periodic Inspection Report.

But that will do absolutely nothing to resolve the issue of you not having notified the council before you did the original work. Have you read all of the information in the Wiki?

Surely your work involved replacing the cable with the same spec. and same route as the old one which suffered rodent or impact damage. In which case you don't need to notify it :D
the need to notify was in reference to the original installation (see op), which should have been notified, rather than the repair.

Its too late now, not much point in going any further.

And no matter how many certificates appear, a prospective house purchaser is going to get their own testing done if they are at all concerned about the quality of the electrical installation, they will be more concerned that the shower works than whether its notified.

House purchaser, hmm - rare as rocking horse doo.

The buyer mayn't be too concerned but I've seen (increasingly) buyer's solicitors driving the price down if they see any holes the paperwork.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back