New Vaillany 428 switched on/off all the time, is it normal

Tony, thanks for the tip, makes perfect sense.

Rick "more knowledge is more power" Paris

Sponsored Links
Dangermouse, the current D1 setting on boiler is 5, I have looked in the book and that is minutes, setting to 8 means its on for longer. Is that good.

I have just reset the D0 to 11 and it seems fine with that, the tank just about keeps up.

Rick

yes setting d1 to 8 will reduce cycling and reduce the thermal shock on the boiler making it more reliable long term. Normally this time of year I'd set the boilerstat to 65 and in cold winter around 70.

If you plan to change the cyl in the future look at the vaillant unistor and vr65 as these are designed for your boiler and are very good quality.

The 400's are good boilers btw but like anything they depend on the skill of the installer/user to get the best out of them by commissioning correctly.

All well and good to heat the water before heating comes on. Tony, you have yet to answer my question- what happens when both heating and hot water switch on. Is the end user to recaliberate the boiler for higher heat output?

I think you also choose to ignore the fact that cylinder should be replaced when boiler is.

I do not post often. Most of the time I prefer to take in the knowledge others impart. So far I am not convinced setting the boiler to 10kwatts is the answer.

I too have combi version of this boiler with two zones. Each zone has 4 rads . Boiler comes on at full wack and never misses a beat.

Just set the boiler stat to 65 and the D1 to 8. I'll see how it goes.

The pump is set on speed 2 and the boiler rating is 11kw.

I had the heating on last night to see what would happen and the rads warmed up quickly. Last nights temp wasn't cold but it wasn't very warm either. I will adjust the boiler rating up if need be to cope with the colder weather if I haven't fitted the new cylinder yet.

Has anyone had any feedback or experience of the Ultracal range or the Gledhill range of high performance cylinder, Ultracal claim reheat from 10 to 60c in 15 mins and the Gledhill CondenCyl HE versions claim 14 mins reheat.

Both are fast recovery and relatively inexpensive cylinders when compared to other fast recovery brands like Vaillant, etc.

Rick

Sponsored Links
Has anyone had any feedback or experience of the Ultracal range or the Gledhill range of high performance cylinder, Ultracal claim reheat from 10 to 60c in 15 mins and the Gledhill CondenCyl HE versions claim 14 mins reheat.

Both are fast recovery and relatively inexpensive cylinders when compared to other fast recovery brands like Vaillant, etc.

Rick

you get what you pay for! gledhill have the nickname sludgebuckets can't think why uummmm!!
put hand in your pocket and get decent kit once or buy cheap crap and replace it in a couple of years! no contest in my book!

the 400 needs to be range rated!

press "i" and "+" simultaneously. "d.0" will be displayed, press "i" and a figure will be displayed probabley 28, repeatedly press the "-" until this figure is down to 16 (it will be flashing) then press and hold "i" for 5 seconds until the display stops flashing.

Should you not be using d77 to range rate the DHW and d0 for the CH?

dangermouse46";p="1329924 said:
If you plan to change the cyl in the future look at the vaillant unistor and vr65 as these are designed for your boiler and are very good quality.

The 400's are good boilers btw but like anything they depend on the skill of the installer/user to get the best out of them by commissioning correctly.

On the other hand I have the same boiler with a 250 litre Vaillant unvented cylinder and have exactly the same cycling problems!

You only need to d77 if you have the appropriate Vaillant controller and a vaillant cylinder ( or make another one look like it to the controller ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back