new veissman

I dont have any problem with MM giving advice on Viessmann boilers. Any recommendations he makes for that make should only be taken as tongue in cheek just like we do from Baxpotty or Ionlyfitcrapideal.

His wife already complains that he spends too much time on the internet so if you complain about him too much he may just go away.

Iff MM feels he needs to distance himself from the company when posting here. as its not in his official capacity as an employee, then so be it.

I am glad that Simon also finds service agents good!

To the OP and other customers, if you have someone coming to fix a boiler etc, do you really want an unidentified person in your home who you cannot contact afterwards?

Suppose he seriously damaged your boiler, swore at your wife or created an explosion which injured you? You might just possibly want to complain about them or even claim compensation for injuries in an extreme case.

Its also sensible to ask to see their Gas Safe card when they arrive.

BG are very bad at that. If you had to complain about one of their 5500 engineers its far better if you know their name rather that just "the guy with a beard" etc.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm finding it very difficult to follow JSoap's unpunctuated postings.

I do wonder whether the Viessmann service tech (whether a subby or not) was referring to the central heating pipe sizing as to the possible cause of the boiler running up high temps.

We have Viessmann subcontractors going out to warranty work on boilers we've fitted and I can't find any fault with them.

in my experience there is a new regime in Viessmann, and I have only seen good things come from it.
Hi simond, I am sorry if I have not put all the commas in the correct place, or some spelling is incorrect.
I cannot see what,s hard to understand;
It,s the Main GAS pipe the subcontractor for Viessmann has stated as being undersize.I have posted his report which claims he reccomends 28mm.That, in his opinion is why HE calculated that I was/am only getting 22kw from my 30kw boiler.
The RGI and Viessmans sales manager, who called him out because the boiler was cutting out at 86.2c for no reason.
No fault indicators were showing on boiler to signify why.
At no time did I call for an Engineer, I phoned the RGI who installed it.After 3 visits, he decided, with agreement with the Viessman manager to send the Engineer out.
He gave me his card, which I did NOT find strange, But the Manager did not like it.The subcontractor as far as I know answers to him.Both the Manager ,with the RGI, did a thorough inspection of the boiler,after the subcontractor submitted his report, could not find a reason for thermal cut out, and said I do NOT need 28mm GAS pipe.
The boiler is operating as MI say it should.
He also said I was given wrong info from" subby," using blog lingo;
He was not happy at all with the Sub contractors advice to me, giving me his card, which he removed, and contradicted his report.It,s there to be seen ,if you look.I don,t think I could have made it any clearer.
At no time have I knowingly criticised any of the people involved, I have only praised the RGI,s workmanship.
The Manager who is a personal friend, also, I have praised.
The subcontractor as far as I know did a good job too, and I still have his name and number if required, because it,s on his worksheets, which he left behind, perhaps to his detriment,;I have posted them.and RGI,s also as a comparison can be drawn.
The problem, if there is one, is the subcontractor claiming I need GAS pipe upgrade to allow me to get maximum performance from my boiler, when the RGI, and Manager say the boiler is performing fine.
I do not know the pressure loss from meter to the boiler, but can only tell you what I was told by all involved,1.2mb loss, approx.. MM, seems to agree with the RGI and Manager, the boiler IS operating within the MI parameters.even if it,s above the 1 mb loss.Personally, I have no interest in where he works, only that, having used this forum for some time now, and looking at reviews of boilers, he reccommends Viessmann.
I don,t care much for personality slanging matches, only facts.
If I have confused anyone, then I am sorry, but maybe it was because it wasn,t been read correctly.I admit to using syntac, a bad habit of mine.
Make what you want of the facts I have supplied, but one thing is for sure, there is consternation between the Subcontractor, RGI, and the Manager.
The boiler is working ok ,now, I do believe, that I am outside the 1mb loss, but,am not letting it bother me, unless it affects the working of the boiler, then I will complain.
I don,t think I can add any more, the data I have supplied speaks for itself, BUT they cannot all be right, even a fool can see that.The FACTS conflict.

Well joesoap its all been happening around your place than :) IMHO for what it is worth , & as a general point ? far to much fuss is made over this 1 mbar drop to some of these boilers , most of em will work OK & the manus know it ! although it does provide a good excuse to walk away for some ? maybe ???

fella in the CC had an Intergas boiler , turned the gas off & recorded a negative pressure at the gas valve of minus 18 mbar ( pull on gas pipe )

I will not discuss who I am or where I work. I have been in the heating business for 40 years, and Viessmann are the best boilers I know of. That is why they are the market leader in Germany.

There is loads of drivel and guesswork in this thread, and much malicious comment. No-one has stated what the original problem was, and it seems to me to have been fixed without problem.

All I am trying to do is to rebut untruths.
Hi MM, I have stated several times the original problem,the boiler shutting down for no apparent reason at 86.2c.I watched it do it on 3 occassions, even on number 1 setting on the central heating.It just crept up and shut down on thermal cut out.I stopped it on the 4th time at 83c using roomstat.That,s when I involved the RGI, who, after 3 attempts to find a reason, no f4 or other fault sign showing, said it could be internal boiler fault.IE.Microswitch, PCB, etc ,and decided to call in an Engineer, as if it required any parts, he would carry them.This was agreed with the Manager before sending the subcontractor out.The rest you know.The subcontractor stated I was gettin 19.9, or 18.5mb, but was only getting 22kw, so advised a GAS pipe upgrade to 28mm.You state that both these figures exceed your permissable tollerances for MI, then WHY did he reccommend a pipe upgrade.He did not, like all the others, RGI or the Manager actually state the loss.If the loss is part of the REGS, then it should be written down on commission sheet, or, subcontractors worksheet.It cannot just be ignored because the boiler is working ok.As Tony stated, if My boiler was inspected by safegas, it would likely fail due to loss of more than 1 mb.I hope this clears up the anomally of reason for Engineer.I did NOT call him out RGI did.As to his ability, only the facts prove that. I will leave you to decide if he is suspect or not.His figures are, and his assumption on pipe size is.That,s only MY opinion, which really, is not worth a jot. :?:

Sponsored Links
Well joesoap its all been happening around your place than :) IMHO for what it is worth , & as a general point ? far to much fuss is made over this 1 mbar drop to some of these boilers , most of em will work OK & the manus know it ! although it does provide a good excuse to walk away for some ? maybe ???

fella in the CC had an Intergas boiler , turned the gas off & recorded a negative pressure at the gas valve of minus 18 mbar ( pull on gas pipe )
Hi Transam, yes , I am here again,If it wasn,t for a safegas Engineer from Homeserve coming out to change a heating manifold diaphragm, and 4 hours later, My boilers kaput because he knackered the main heat exchanger up, none of this would be happening.I,m lucky to have bad luck.I won,t elaborate on that though.It,s all part of lifes rich tapestry.He just forced me to get a new boiler sooner than I wanted, and limited my choice due to availabilty of RGI to instal at short notice, and during a rather cold spell.SODS law I suppose, things come in threes.Still, while it,s me, it,s letting someone else off. :) Cheers Mate.I won,t be seeking anymore advice for my Vokera :mrgreen: from you now.

Joesoap.

Cannot say that we have ever got involved with Viessman so I do not know much about them or there set up ? but alot on here do fit them & rate them quite highly ! I remember when a fella called Stewart Purchase was the MD , & due to a set of circumstances eg me having a rant in the trade press about carp boilers , he did offer us a couple free of charge to fit on a school swimming pool install again due to circumstances I never took him up on it which I do regret . You will have to let us know how it all pans out , any faults probs in the future :)

Joesoap.

Cannot say that we have ever got involved with Viessman so I do not know much about them or there set up ? but alot on here do fit them & rate them quite highly ! I remember when a fella called Stewart Purchase was the MD , & due to a set of circumstances eg me having a rant in the trade press about carp boilers , he did offer us a couple free of charge to fit on a school swimming pool install again due to circumstances I never took him up on it which I do regret . You will have to let us know how it all pans out , any faults probs in the future :)
Hi Transam, That I will do.At present it,s a smashing, very quiet boiler.It,s doing at present what I require. Had circumstances been different, I would probably have chosen Worcester or Valiant,when I changed.
However, my friend, the Manager , who was Worcester Engineer for years, before taking up his present position, claims, I have the best make of boiler at present.
That,s ,a subjective point of view," his."
As I have had 2 in 1 week brake down, 1old,1 new, I,m Jinxed,
Time will tell.
Lets hope the problem, was a 1 off gremlin, it happens to all makes.
I don,t delude myself,but I didn,t know Viessman used subcontractors for breakdowns.
They did say they were going to start thier own breakdown cover, let,s hope it,s not Homeserve, because I won,t ever use them again.
The matter is progressing for compensation towards the new Viessmann,from them..
Thanks everyone, put it to bed now, If MM ,is as, stated a Viessmann man, good luck, I hope for my sake I don,t have to require his or any other Viesmann engineers, except for the annual service.
Simmond, I will try and punctuate my posts better in the future.
Thanks again Tony, you have been very helpful.
Now, Cheerio. :D PS. I am removing the reports as I do not want the subcontractor , if he already hasn,t, being compromised because of them, they are duplicates of the originals that were commandeered by the Manager.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back