No central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently fitted a new head to a 3 way valve (as there was no central heating) this solved the problem for about 6 weeks when yesterday all the radiators downstairs went off, i tried looking at the 3 way valve and could hear it sparking when i touched it. Now all the radiators in the house are off, can anyone suggest the reason for this. Does it sound like a new pump or has the main body of the valve gone and need replacing.

Any ideas would as always be most approciated. :oops:

Sponsored Links
looking at the 3 way valve and could hear it sparking when i touched it
Sounds bad - sparking suggests loose connection or something. Did you open the new head when you installed it? If not it can't be your fault (unless you wired it up wrongly?) so I guess you can take it back under its guarantee.

If you're competent to wire up these valves, you should be able to diagnose where the problem is, which appears not to be the case.....mmm. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back