no connection with wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

my Brittish Gas RC plus (draton digistat +2)

Doesn't seem to connect with my boiler. Worcgester

Hot water is fine, but no heating. The little gas flame comes on the screen to say the boiler should be firirng but nothin happens.

2 days ago all the radiators came on when the time was programmed but its not happened again.

There is a small box under the boiler called a brittish gas WRI which has two lights for learn/alarm and on. On is lit.

Help me out please

Sponsored Links
How old is it? Could be low batteries weakening the signal. Have you bought any new electrical equipment recently? Theoretically things that transmit/receive shouldn't affect it but they can do sometimes.

Nothing new bought, Just took the Thermostat off the wall and put it next to the boiler and still nothing.

Must be a way to get them to "talk to each other"

Do you have your instructions? They will explain how to pair them together, might be worth a shot

Sponsored Links
The wireless system under the boiler flashes when I press buttons on the thermostat, so that works but the reciever is not switching on the boiler.

How do I fix that?

Really sorry to be a pain mate but I dont think I have a Digisat + 2. It looks exactly like it but is wireless.

It says british gas RC plus???

turn fuse spurr off and remove batteries from stat. turn fuse spur back on and press both buttons on reciever for around 5 secs. re-fit batteries and operate stat so there is a demand.

let me kno if it works

Tried it Gaz but it still aint working.

The Light on the reciever is on, the connection between controller and reciever works. The problem is the reciever doesnt switch the boiler on.

Do I need a new reciever??

Exspensive?

sounds like it, quite a common fault with um.. changed one other day they are around £30

You need to know how to hard wire the switched live output from the receiver to check the heating comes on when told to. If it does then a new wireless stat is about £ 50 inc the receiver.

I usually press reset on both ends in various orders to get these things talking. Has been known to take a few attempts.

Or fit a cable stat for £ 10 and have no more wireless worries...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back