No heating or Hot water.

Sponsored Links
NO it Blooody will not!!! A lot of them like honeywell only go far enough for the ball to block the water way!

When I switch on the pump the hot water goes down to the boiler, through the valve. Then I switch the CH thermostat up. the lever moves and the third pipe (CH) gets the hot water.
I guess that means it is working. :?:

PS. It is a Honeywell.

Sponsored Links
Felt I had to get that in before the chap booggers his valve.

Only the valves with a D shaped shoe which moves round will rotate freely.The ones with rubber wedges (eg drayton) moving to and fro and the ones with a ball (eg Honeywell) only move about, as reported, about an eighth of a turn - if that.

What make is the valve - it'll be on the head. It obviously isn't a Honeywell cos the lever moves the wrong way. Whatever it is I may have one lying around somewhere..

Whatever, there's more than one problem here. The pumping over is obviously wrong, due to a design fault or a pipe blockage. The one way valve in the system vent, if it really is that, is illegal immoral fattening and downright dangerous. If it sludges up and blocks you could have a bomb.

The lack of ch - well if you put ch and HW on and leave the head off the valve and put it in the middle of its travel, or leave the head ON the valve and hook it in its "Man" position (as long as it stays there, some unhook themselves) then your HW and CH should get heat. A lot of systems send everything to the HW really because the resistance that way is so much less if there's no gate valve in the way.

It all depends on the layout of your pipes. Can you tell where the feed (usually 15mm) joins the system, and where the vent (usually 22mm) does. In relation to the boiler and pump, it might eg go boiler, vent, feed, pump, 3way valve and on to the rads...?

I thought you meant that the lever moved right to left, which isn't Honey's way. When you can only feel a very small arc of spring pessure it's probably in the middle - ch + hw.

Lever....All off...lever in center(ish)...CH thermo on and lever moves left to man position.
System.....CW feed- cylinder- Lower pipe to boiler(tee to attic with one-way valve over header tank)- pump- 3 way valve- one to middle of cylinder.....one to CH.

The circuit to and from the boiler (inc pump) is connected with a stop cock?

Gents,
I have finally got my tame Heating man in. He is suprised at the complexity of the installation....Thanks for your help....I will post back the results.
Again, THANKYOU :LOL:

REGARDS.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back