No hot water..........help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

New to the forum, sorry if this is in the wrong area

I have seen similar posts but nothing that helps me. I have a Alpha CD25X boiler that is approx 8-10yrs old, central heating is fine (it did have a bad leak about 8months ago that may have caused some other damage??). However the hot water does not work. The boiler does ignite and the central heating pipe warms up but the water stay cold. From everything i have read it could be Diverter Valve, Diaphragm, Micro Switch or Flow Switch (is this the same as the micro switch??). First stage is to test the micro switch and people suggest unclipping it but i cannot see how this happens, is this different on the CD25? If anyone can give a specific part number i should be able to check i am looking at the right part.

I am waiting on my normal plumber coming out but he seems to be extremely busy and the wife is not happy with no hot water!! I am competent DIYer so should be ok doing any basics.

Thanks for your help

Leigh

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back