no hot water through central heating

OK then assuming the brown wire in 'C' is correct, you will need to:

1. Move the blue wire in terminal 1 of the cylinder thermostat to terminal 2, and then;

2. Somehow wire terminal 1 on the cylinder thermostat to the switched live on the boiler. It's not good practice to use the earth wire as a live, so I'm not going to suggest that, although many installers do it.

Of course there is also the possibility that if someone incompetent has been tinkering with the wiring there may be problems elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
Ive just changed blue wire to terminal 2. Switched on hw and the motorised valve moved but pump did not turn on. So next step is yellow wire ( unofficially) to switched live to boiler did you say. How will i know which one that is

DONE IT!!! Thanks ever so much for your help and patience. A lot of people on here are very condescending and are very sarcastic in there answers. Great to know some of you actually want to help. Best advisor ive dealt with.

Sponsored Links
Obviously you found the boiler switched live for yourself before I saw your post, so well done! It's usually the same connection as the orange wire from the motorised valve.

Thanks for your clear and concise posts and photographs, as well as for being honest about the thermostat being changed. Sometimes you can try to help someone and they withhold important information for one reason or another. It then can take ages to find the problem because you start looking in the wrong areas.

Tip for next time, ask on here before you do anything, it would have saved you the cost of a motorised valve. Although at least you do have a spare now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back