NO HOT WATER - VOKERA RS 20-80 FLOWMATIC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vokera RS 20-80 Flowmatic gas combi boiler.

No hot water coming out when hot tap is switched on. Does not 'kick-in' when hot tap turned on only cold coming out. Can get moderately hot water only when the heating is on.

Yesterday it was switched to 'summer' mode on front panel, as water had been dangerously hot coming out of tap for some time (and i tried this as an experiment...) It was fine all yesterday afternoon and then today there was no hot water at all. The heating works fine and it ignites ok when heating is put on. Switched it back to 'constant' mode and still nothing.

It fired 4 times with the hot tap running whilst the pressure was adjusted from the cold water inlet tap/valve directly underneath the boiler case. On the fifth attempt there was nothing at all no matter what level the water pressure coming out the tap was at.

Pressure on front panel is just below 2 bars.

Tried to fill up sink with hot water whilst having the heating on and the pressure dropped quite rapidly to below 1 bar!

Phoned Vokera and they quoted £179 for labour & parts inclusive (think this was a flat rate). As a novice I'd rather have some idea of what I'm dealing with and how much something like this should cost & what parts could be needed before getting someone in to fix it?

Any knights in shining armour give me some clues as to what the problem could be & an idea of costs please?

Sponsored Links
Around £100 plus parts, if you can get hold of DP. More like an overhaul than a service.
Last service kit I bought for this model was £26 plus vat.

Better you get the local independent expert on Vokeras!

Look for Ranoch services in local listings.

If you are not satisfied let me know!

Whats a Glasgow kiss?

Tony

Agile said:
Better you get the local independent expert on Vokeras!

Look for Ranoch services in local listings.

If you are not satisfied let me know!

Whats a Glasgow kiss?

Tony

A head butt i think, :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Can anyone send me the user manual or service guide for my troublesome Vokera 20 / 80 RS Flowmatic please?

(Tried downloading it from Vokera's website but it won't let me ( computer gets so far then it seems to hang....))

Ta

Rannoch Services in Bearsden can be found in Yellow pages or Thomsons.

Great boiler. Much better than current models. Worth keeping

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back