No Hot Water without Heating Ideal Logic 30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Recently had a visit from a plumber as hot flow was considerably lower than incoming cold. According to Ideal they should be near enough the same. Turned out it was because of debris from the cast iron cold feed. Filter cleaned and flow is good now. But now we have no hot water if the heating isn't running. I'd heard him cursing about something not firing, so this may well have been a problem caused during his visit which he didn't rectify. I've talked to him about it, but he made an excuse about forgetting how long the firing up sequence took and doesn't seem interested in returning. He doesn't like the boiler!

I thought it might be the diaphram, but the plumber says these boilers don't have one. Could it be debris somewhere? And if so where? I read mention of a pin in the diverter valve, could this be relevant?

Any clues would be good, not having a lot of luck with the pro's round here, so if I find one that will work on the boiler it would be good to know what is suggested is likely rather than a load of gas!

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back