No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have only had a slow trickle of hot water throughout the house for ages. My son tries to fix it and now I have no hot water at all.
A guy came to look and says it may be because there isn’t a cap on one of the pipes on the boiler. Could this be right?

Attachments

• 25CADC9D-DFC0-497E-9E3C-4581F259F631.jpeg
    25CADC9D-DFC0-497E-9E3C-4581F259F631.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 152
Sponsored Links
No.
Probably somewhere ones valve is closed.
Can You take a photo from the bottom of the boiler?
so for example/

Attachments

• IMG_20180211_170903.jpg
    IMG_20180211_170903.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 83
How long has this been happening, and has it slowly got worse. Is it a combi boiler, or do you have a hot water tank. What did your son do, and did it stop straight after his adjustments.

If it's a combi, then the hot water exchanger may need descaling.

Sponsored Links
The test plug is the one in the middle. The open one on the left should be going in to the outer part of the flue, which is the fresh air, but shouldn't be affecting the boiler operation at all; is there a thread on the outer rim of it. And which boiler is it.

The test plug is the one in the middle. The open one on the left should be going in to the outer part of the flue, which is the fresh air, but shouldn't be affecting the boiler operation at all; is there a thread on the outer rim of it. And which boiler is it.
Both are test plugs, one being combustion test point the other being integrity.
Both test plugs are push fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back