No PIR power but fuses seem ok.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have exactly the same fault (and alarm!) as this post:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=141021&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Basically I changed a PIR for a new one (A petwise 3D) and all was well, I then took this PIR and replaced an older one. After this the alarm stopped working: While all the non powered detectors are working the powered ones (just PIRs) are not. Walk testing shows all PIRs as being triggered.

I've checked all fuses (F1 to F5) and they all seem ok (pass continuity anyway).

While I didn't disconnect power, I did trim the 12v so it didn't touch any other and ensured no other wires touch when connecting.

Any ideas?

tbh, while I think Fuse 3 is the correct one (Loud Speaker/Detector Auxillary 500mA) I haven't tested the internal siren as it's quite late to prove that circuit is fine.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I'm stupid ;)

The fuse had gone after double checking. Don't know why I thought it had, I must have had my tester shorted with something else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back