no power to motorized valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.I have Drayton Lifestyle LP522 programmer installed. I also had Watts Milux RF wireless room thermostat.Looks like receiver for it has broken so i can't get heating to work.I disconnected receiver and want to use only Drayton for both heating and hot water.My problem is that now it looks like there is no power going to motorized valve (Myson MPE322). Has anyone any idea why? Programmer is on but no light or any noise from valve or pump. My system is with water tank.I appreciate any help.Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi.Don't think it is that but it has only been replaced last year and there is no power going to pump as well.I was thinking that there is problem with wiring in junction box maybe?

Sponsored Links
I was hop for different reply and some more advice but..tough.thanks anyway

If the RF thermostat receiver is wired in series with the programmer (which is logical), then disconnecting the receiver will permanently break the link between the programmer and other controls.

What may need to be done is to connect the Live input to the receiver to the output of the receiver, so that the thermostat is always "on". I suspect the way you've done it it is always "off".

If you are confident with electrical work you could do it yourself. However, I'd strongly advise you to get someone in who is familiar with these things. If your boiler is expecting a low voltage signal and gets 230 it could easily be wrecked - as could you if you aren't careful!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back