Noisy boiler/pipes

B

BillGutsy

I have an Ideal Elan 2 boiler, and recently the pipes have been banging while it has been warming up
but today it just heats up, makes loads of banging noises in the pipes and then dies. just before it dies however there is a lot of hot water/steam escaping into the small tank in the loft, which is full of lots of dirty brown/black water.

i have recoded the banging if it helps!

http://www.peterr.co.uk/temp/banging.mp3

many thanks,
Peter

Sponsored Links
Kettling .... The sound of water actually boiling in your boiler
Because its just happened I would check that your pump is working properly Read the 4th post Here
Try that first and post back

Nice work with the recording BTW

i think the pump has broken as it didnt seem to work
also its now decided to leak :evil:

I would normally say check the pump is getting power to it before you lash out on a new one. Use a voltmeter rather than a mains tester screwdriver as that will check out your neutral as well.
However in this case you will have to drain down to renew that pump valve [do the other one as well] so its probably worth renewing the pump anyway.

Once again I commend you on your excellent postings. You deserve a Blue Peter badge or something.

Sponsored Links
Changed the pump, the banging noises have stopped and so has the leak!
Thanks for your help!

You can have a Blue Peter Badge too!
_1118337_bp_logo150.jpg

:p :p

Peter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back