Noisy Ferroli 77FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Ferroli FF77 Combi boiler, which is ( probably past its best before date now ), making a droning noise even though there is no hot water being used, it has only recently started making this droning noise, which I guess sounds similar to a loud fan going, if I turn the hot water on it fires up fine and the noise stops. But once the tap is turned off after a minute or so it starts making the noise again. Anyone got a solution for me please. Much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi kevin
you may have this sorted already as it was a while ago you posted, the boiler you have has a permanent pilot light and as such when there is no demand for CH/HW then the fan runs at a slow speed to remove the fumes and when the main burner comes on the fan runs at high speed so it sounds like you need a new fan, the bearings can sometimes be lubricated but in my experience this wont last, you will need an RGI to carry out this work and if you have the funds I would put the money towards a new boiler and dont get anothe Ferolli, good luck Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back