Noisy heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help. Only moved into our house about 32 months ago. Noticed that when the heating is switched on, the radiators make one hell of a noise, sounds like the water running through the radiators, but really loud. Whirring noises are also heard. I pressume the boiler is as old as the house, which is 12 years. I have checked the Expansion Tank (Small one) in the loft, and there is water in, but when i push the ball cock down and submerge it into the water, no more water comes through the outlet. Is this my problem. I just cant understand why there is water in the tank already, there is a big tank up there aswell which is full.

I am willing to try anything, but i am a novice at these kind of things.

Cheers,
Simon.

Sponsored Links
bigball_ani.gif

its coming, wait a minute, no its gone again...........thought I was going to sus what boiler and system you have then :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i would sugest wrongly piped or a partial blockage in coldfeed/open vent area causing air to be sucked in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back