Now Resolved...How do plumbers temporarily stop...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

I believe plumbers when carrying out minor repairs of pipe work running from the water tank in the loft prefer to stop the water supply by blocking the hole within the water tank. This I was told can avoid the problem of an isolator valve not working correctly. What do they use and what is the correct name for it. I'm assuming it is some sort of rubber ball or similar.

Regards

Tom

Sponsored Links
PREGR05.jpg

these or raid the veg rack ;)

Thank you Kev, but what should I ask for in my local plumber's supply shop without looking like a dork. :)

Sponsored Links
everyone knows you dont use carrots.

use parsnips they are bigger :LOL:

also try screwfix for the proper bungs i am sure i have seen them on there

Caution - if your tank connector looks like this from the end you may have trouble sealing it. Try wrapping the conical bung with lots of ptfe tape.
tankcon1.gif

breezer said:
also try screwfix for the proper bungs i am sure i have seen them on there
If you're going to do that then get kitted up with these too:

images

...so that you can permanently secure the coffin lid over the corpse of your local plumbers' merchant. :rolleyes:

The parsnip is not used because its thicker!

Its because a parsnip has a much more flexible body as well as a concave profile which aids sealing.

You can put a 90° bend in a parsnip!

Try that with a carrot and it will snap at less than 30° ! ( I have carrots for dinner now tonight! )

Tony

Agile said:
The parsnip is not used because its thicker!

Its because a parsnip has a much more flexible body as well as a concave profile which aids sealing.

You can put a 90° bend in a parsnip!

Try that with a carrot and it will snap at less than 30° ! ( I have carrots for dinner now tonight! )

Tony

To all you Viz readers out there.

Is Tony really Mr Logic .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Logic

i used to know a guy that could make chess pieces out of potatoes. hope that helps... :LOL:

now hes raking it in as a top artist..

:cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back