Ocean Alpha 240P Firing up Frequency

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, when asking the boiler for heating, should the boiler fire up then continually stay fired up, until the room stat temp is reached? or should it fire up for 3 mins at a time in an on/off sequence?

Sponsored Links
It shouldn't be as often as 3 minute cycles, especially when heating from cold, say, in the morning.

What does it do when running a bath?

Hi Dave

Many thanks for the reply, I have been told it could be the Thermistor or Pump?

I have not tried it when asking for hot water, I only noticed today, I had no TV/Radio on (so no noise) the house was cold, so put the heating on, and noticed how frequently the boiler would fire up, and down so to speak?

Dave

In reply to the "Bath" question, I instead run the tap in the kitchen, and the hot water was OK, consistant etc, is this enough info, or should I run the hot water from the bath?

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about the bath.

How many radiators do you have and are they all turned on?

Hi Dave

We have 8 rads in total, they are all on, will check to see if they are all working now

Dave

Not sure if this helps............checked all the rads, one of them in the second bedroom was cold on one side (opposite side where you bleed it) so bled it, there was air in there, once the air was out, black(ish) water started to come out :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back