Oh no!

Johnny,

I think you may be painting it a bit too black (unlike RF's bathroom :D )and looking between the lines for someting sinister which does not exist.

I agree with you - you give your POV, i give mine, he gives his. Thats the point of a forum.
If it stopped there, all good! However, the reality is that it doesn't usually stop there as some people don't see others POV as valid alternatives, but solely as a point of arguement. This is not the purpose of a forum, but turns that forum into a vehicle to vent bottled up anger by folk who haven't got the kahoonaz or social abilities to do it face to face.

250W for a bathroom? - So what?? having read a great number of RF's posts, i can tell that he is intelligent enough to make a considered choice of efficiency against asthetics and has not meandered into this blindly ( unless he looks at his bathroom ceiling without shades on :D )
Would you criticise someone who drives a Porsche/BMW/Aston Martin/any kind of 4X4/scooby/evo/van with a roof-rack/incorrectly inflated tyres etc etc? Im sure a smart car provides a more fuel efficient solution, but we don't all drive them and there are valid reasons for that. One of the most common valid reason is 'its my choice, my money and i want to'

Sponsored Links
I'm just saying that he probably won't require a towel heater in that bathroom! :LOL:

I've never disputed that there are more energy efficient ways to light a room, but that isn't what I'm trying to acheive.

I want a light source which is aesthetically pleasing, instant start, long lasting and infinatly dimmable.

Me Too...
I think my bathroom lighting is rather nice..

Sponsored Links
ah yes and look how well lit it is..
everything less than a foot down the wall is in shadow..

ah yes and look how well lit it is..
everything less than a foot down the wall is in shadow..

would there be any benefit to having that top section in a blaze of light?

anyway, it's hardly 'little pools of light on the floor' is it?

The effect looks great in that room, im sure the users are very happy with it :)

given the highly reflective light ceiling and light coloured tiles, it seems a shame to waste all that reflected light is all.. :)

I too think downlights have their place, and as RF, I have not had to replace lamps for a long while.

I have four in the hall - no shadows. They are not on all the time, they are great.

I used to have them in my old bathroom, and will fit them to this bathroom when I renovate. I find them perfect for a bathroom.

Mikhail 'the bathroom defender' Faradayski...... :LOL:

:D cool. I think i may get a cape and start wearing the y-fronts over the jeans.

Maybe a printed T-shirt of some kind-

'Bathroom defender, sanitary mission'

ill whip things into shape with the d/l haters :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back