Oil boiler on lockout after new motor fitted

It's bottom outlet and alas yes the tiger loop always has oil in it.

Engineer is going back to manufacturers for advice. I guess we will get there in the end. Still cheaper than paying for a new boiler so hanging in there.
The oil line is draining back, or there is an obstruction thet the pump cannot easily pull through. Get the new oil supply pipe checked before you ruin another pump.

Sponsored Links
I'd be checking the Oil pump & Supply pipe using my Vacuum gauge on the oil pump "V" port, however not many so called oil engineers carry Vacuum gauges ! :confused:

Oil line is being tested on Wednesday morning. I just wish someone would find out the reason for these intermittent lockouts once and for all.

Sponsored Links
To stop all the messing why don't we start at the tank and go step by step till the fuel line is proved out

Number 1check all cnections from the tank to the tiger loop pay attention to the non return valve check that it is ok if in doubt fit a new one they are not dear remake all the cone toons you can use ptfe tape on the olive or use heldite on the cons if you like when all cons are remade put a vacuum gauge on your pump that is after priming first and try to run your boiler also take note when you try to draw the oil is there much resistance if there is the fuel pipe may need blowing out before you start the boiler this can increase the vacuum on your pump which in turn causes air to escape from the oil itself

Ok oil line checked on Wednesday. Found loose filter on oil line. Now fixed worked for two days but yes you guessed it locked out again.

Ok oil line checked on Wednesday. Found loose filter on oil line. Now fixed worked for two days but yes you guessed it locked out again.

It would be cheaper to renew the burner completely,at least you would get a guarantee with it

Ye gods this thing is indeed possessed :eek:
Being a sad sort of bloke, I have a transparent length of plastic pipe so I can see if there's any air present.
A new burner is all very well but if its a fuel supply problem, the situation is still there.
John :)

Tell me about it. He did test the oil line after fixing the loose filter.

Also did all the fuel analysis stuff, checked the nozzle, electrodes etc.

To be fair he was here for hours.

I am seriously beginning to think the damn thing is jinxed.

This thing has had almost every problem under the sun, loads of attention and spare parts and yet its still being awkward.
I'm wondering if the actual problem hasn't been found due to being on the wrong track.....
Does anyone reckon there could be an internal flue way or fluing problem here?
John :)

As has always been said, start at the beginning and folow the path forward. So many people pick on something halfway through instead of being logical. After finding a loose filter, did the engineer bother following the rest of the oil line through? Probably not. Do the job properly and do it once!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back