oil boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all, ive recently done my oil course and am OFTEC registered. ive been fine with oil servicing no probs , however had a call this morning and am a bit puzzled, being new to the oil scene thought id ask if anyone has heard of this problem before.
The customer has just had an oil delivery and now the boiler wont ignite. However its not going to lockout either and he says that it still runs and the kerosene can be smelled all over the house.
I initially thought control box, does anyone else have any ideas please? Could it be just coincidence that an oil delivery has taken place?
Many thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Could be all sorts of things, the least likely being the control box. If the burner is really old you will have a nice time fixing it, if it's not, ring the manufacturer they are a great help. Then go on some manufacturers courses. Unfortunately servicing tells you very little, unless you can stop a good boiler from working.

Do you check the motor capacitor when you do the service?

fronnie_5 said:
hello all, ive recently done my oil course and am OFTEC registered. ive been fine with oil servicing no probs , however had a call this morning and am a bit puzzled, being new to the oil scene thought id ask if anyone has heard of this problem before.
The customer has just had an oil delivery and now the boiler wont ignite. However its not going to lockout either and he says that it still runs and the kerosene can be smelled all over the house.
I initially thought control box, does anyone else have any ideas please? Could it be just coincidence that an oil delivery has taken place?
Many thanks for any help

Boiler either fires or the photocell will lock the burner out after a safety period of 10-15 seconds, if this is not happening then the sequence control could be stuck

Sponsored Links
The boiler starts , oil is being pumped , but no ignition and just keeps on going, does not lock out at all. thats whats puzzling me. Like you said things arent happening in sequence

Yet to not see lock-out with no flame.

Make and model of burner :?:

gonna pop out this aftie and look at it, another query can anyone recommend anywhere to get boiler spares from as the only place i can find is HRPC, and i know they can be a tad expensive ? its mainly nozzles im after getting to carry a few spare on the van

Availability is the factor, cost is what you pass on to the client.

i was hopin there might be something on the net that someone could recommend, as previously stated the only one i can find in my area IS HRPC.

The Satronic control box usualy the 832 gives that fault, if so you may find the transformer may allso be burnt out as it tends to hold the ignition on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back