Capital punishment for or against

• Hell yes

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Oh No

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
Show me a civilised country where there are NO murderers and I'll go live there instead. Don't think one exists human nature being what it is.

Civilisation is a veneer, as is obvious when you think how many so-called civilised countries send armies off to fight. Kill or be killed. Some Humans are more cruel and sadistic than animals.
In the most basic terms Law & Order is to protect the more vulnerable.
A Life for a Life.
If I was after revenge I wouldn't bother with the dignity of a lethal injection ... I'd take an axe to the axe murderer (as in a dose of his own medicine). Now that would be revenge.

Show me a civilised country where there are NO murderers and I'll go live there instead. Don't think one exists human nature being what it is.

Civilisation is a veneer, as is obvious when you think how many so-called civilised countries send armies off to fight. Kill or be killed. Some Humans are more cruel and sadistic than animals.
In the most basic terms Law & Order is to protect the more vulnerable.
A Life for a Life.
If I was after revenge I wouldn't bother with the dignity of a lethal injection ... I'd take an axe to the axe murderer (as in a dose of his own medicine). Now that would be revenge.

How charming :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Uribentmyspoon wrote

Strawman argument, Hard to argue murders would murder again behind bars

Then he wrote
For killing someone intentionally, I say 20 years

Hmmn. So the murderer is only behind bars for 20 years then free to kill again.
Life imprisonment behind bars should mean life with death being the only escape.

Never said the Strawman argument bit, wrongly attributed to me.

Also, only 20 years? Only? 20 years is a long time, you think people cannot be rehabilitated in 20 years?

Leslie Michael Grantham (born 30 April 1947[1]) is an English actor best known for his role as "Dirty" Den Watts in the soap opera EastEnders. He is also a convicted murderer, having served 10 years for the killing of a German taxi driver, and he generated significant press coverage as the result of an online sex scandal in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Grantham

Did ok for himself also
Since you're into cherry picking, how about this little beauty?

Makes you wonder why a double murderer was released in the first place.. Should have been given a whole life tariff.

You could form an argument to keep them locked away but not to be hanged. It's an argument to tighten the system and I would argue that double murder should not be released.

Last stats indicated that in a 10 year period 30 released murderers went onto kill again. 17 were not sentenced for murder, it was manslaughter. 7 of the murderers were double murderers and three of the murderers went on to commit manslaughter. There were 766 murderers between 2005/6.....

Majority of murderers who are released do not go on to murder again.

Then you're no difference to a murderer

Ironic that you question my comprehension after stating that I think all murderers deserve hanging, especially as I've just shown you where I said that I think that sometimes killing is justified. :rolleyes:
How dense are you?

Oh just realised where you are from, say much.

Don't bother answering that last question, you're statement there says enough. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You are just a caveman. You take a taboo like sex offences and state it justifiable for someone to take the law into their own hands and kill paedophiles......

I can tell you now that not many victims of paedophiles would agree with you..

You are unable to construct a credible argument to support your opinion on the death penalty. Just emotional knee jerk reactions to boost your man ego.

Quite right ... A revenge killing is murder but if you want to cite real bigoted, brutal, legalised killing you only need to look at Sharia Law. Death by stoning for homosexuality or adultery. Often with no trial but a public lynching and execution.
The Death Penalty , a fair trial by jury ... A life for a life is not uncivilised compared to that.

You are just a caveman. You take a taboo like sex offences and state it justifiable for someone to take the law into their own hands and kill paedophiles......

I thought we were discussing murderers.
Though I wouldn't be against it as it happens.

I can tell you now that not many victims of paedophiles would agree with you..

Like all of your other arguments, I suppose you know them all. :rolleyes:

You are unable to construct a credible argument to support your opinion on the death penalty. Just emotional knee jerk reactions to boost your man ego.

There are many credible arguments to support the death penalty, you must have missed them.
Just for you here are some:

Dead killers don't kill again.
People with whole life sentences like Huntley, Brady etc are being paid for by all of us, not just wusses like you with your child like abhorrence to ending life, no matter how justified.
There is no "rehabilitation" argument when considering the cases of those like the above, since they will never be released.
While killers are kept alive there is always the chance that they will kill again, whether inside or out.
Family members of the victims will at least be able to think that their son, daughter/mother/fathers life was worth something, as it cost the killer his own life for the act.

I thought we were discussing murderers.
Though I wouldn't be against it as it happens.

You believe that murder is justified if it was against a paedophiles, part and parcel of the discussion.

Like all of your other arguments, I suppose you know them all. :rolleyes:

Never claimed I know them all but I can assure you that I know personally know more victims of paedophiles than most if not all who take part on this forum.

Dead killers don't kill again.
People with whole life sentences like Huntley, Brady etc are being paid for by all of us, not just wusses like you with your child like abhorrence to ending life, no matter how justified.
There is no "rehabilitation" argument when considering the cases of those like the above, since they will never be released.
While killers are kept alive there is always the chance that they will kill again, whether inside or out.

So the system need sorting to make sure that murderers are ready to go back into the community, evidence suggests it can be done since most don't go onto kill again... If a murderer kills in jail a person like yourself should be happy he's getting rid of yet another tax burden, but think about this, most who are murdered in prison are paedophiles, justifiable in your view....

Family members of the victims will at least be able to think that their son, daughter/mother/fathers life was worth something, as it cost the killer his own life for the act.

That's your opinion based on what? Studies coming out of the USA suggest the whole process adds to the pain and does nothing for the victims...

You believe that murder is justified if it was against a paedophiles, part and parcel of the discussion

We were discussing murderers, that's a different argument, though as I said, in certain circumstances I wouldn't be against it.

but I can assure you that I know personally know more victims of paedophiles than most if not all who take part on this forum.

Yes, that's what I thought you'd say.

So the system need sorting to make sure that murderers are ready to go back into the community, evidence suggests it can be done since most don't go onto kill again...

We get one life, one chance on this earth, and then it's over, gone for good.
Anybody who decides to end someone else's one life without very good reason doesn't deserve to "go back into the community". :rolleyes:

That's your opinion based on what?

Based on how I personally, and most people I know would feel in the circumstances. :rolleyes:

We were discussing murderers, that's a different argument, though as I said, in certain circumstances I wouldn't be against it.

Yes and I quote a murder you say is justified even though he was convicted of murder and served over 20 years.

Yes, that's what I thought you'd say.

Well yes I suspected this sort of response. I was the victim of a paedophiles ring along with many others in the school I attended as a young kid. You maybe familiar with the case as it was one of the biggest cases in the UK and was in your neck of the woods although all the schools except one was in North Wales. The ring leader Roger Saint kept his mouth shut until I was contacted and faced with my evidence he plead guilty to get a reduced sentence. Him and a few others had targeted schools for more than 30 years. Yes I do suspect I'm in a better position than most to view an opinion on this from a victims view and that of others, many other, who I'm still in contact with...

Quite right ... A revenge killing is murder but if you want to cite real bigoted, brutal, legalised killing you only need to look at Sharia Law. Death by stoning for homosexuality or adultery. Often with no trial but a public lynching and execution.
The Death Penalty , a fair trial by jury ... A life for a life is not uncivilised compared to that.

Not uncivilised compared to that? It is not AS uncivilised, it is still uncivilised.

Reactionary killings are borne of ignorance. We should be looking at the causes of crime not closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Yes and I quote a murder you say is justified even though he was convicted of murder and served over 20 years.

I'm not sure what you're talking about there. clarify it for the hard of thinking.

Well yes I suspected this sort of response. I was the victim of a paedophiles ring along with many others in the school I attended as a young kid. You maybe familiar with the case as it was one of the biggest cases in the UK and was in your neck of the woods although all the schools except one was in North Wales. The ring leader Roger Saint kept his mouth shut until I was contacted and faced with my evidence he plead guilty to get a reduced sentence. Him and a few others had targeted schools for more than 30 years. Yes I do suspect I'm in a better position than most to view an opinion on this from a victims view and that of others, many other, who I'm still in contact with...

Riiight, I understand now

why you don't like pork.

Seriously though, I'm sorry for your experience but this thread was about convicted murderers, not paedophiles.

Sponsored Links
Back