Ok ...Hanging & Capital punishment

Capital punishment for or against

• Hell yes

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Oh No

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With all respect it's people with that attitude that the convicted murderer loves.
Hence we had Brady with his mental health advocate and Hindley with Lord Longford championing their rights. Do-gooder's who allowed themselves to be manipulated.
And when looking at the causes of crime I'm not talking about the burglar who had a tough, deprived upbringing but a murderer.
Strange though how you condemn an alleged 'reactionary killing'
though not the convicted murderer who would seem to be deserving of some leniency or enlightened sympathy.

Sponsored Links
If you murder someone in a fiot of passion, argument gone wrong etc, should this mean you yourself get executed? Or are we talking about purely premeditated murders here?

Multiple murders, we are talking a sociopath, or psychopath, whatever the clinical diagnosis is.

We are talking about a sick person, an ill person, someone who deserves to be treated, who, had they recieved the correct treatment early enough may not have gone on to kill.

If the treatment does not exist then we must look at this hypothetical killer, study what makes him tick, find the cause so that we may be able to stop it in the future.

If he is untreatable by todays standards then keep him in as he is dangerous to the public, no problems with that.

Revenge killing does not solve anything.

Sponsored Links
Premeditated murders then, planned for personal gain, financial or emotional. What's your answer to that?

I give up. I'll leave you guys to it. I only came here to read about insulating sheds. :mrgreen:

Suffice to say ... you've just about covered all the mitigating circumstances that a savvy lawyer bombards a jury with to exonerate a murderer from his crime.

Premeditated murders then, planned for personal gain, financial or emotional. What's your answer to that?

To plan and carry out a murder for personal gain, I would say you were ill, if morally you think it is okay for people to die to make your own life better? You are ill. And deserve to be treated as such. If, say after the 20 years incarceration I suggested earlier in the thread, you are not sorry for what you have done, show understanding of the immorality of the act and see nothing wrong in repeating the offense then you are still a danger to society and should be kept inside.

I'm not sure what you're talking about there. clarify it for the hard of thinking.

Some could argue that it would be equally justifiable to murder the killer of their wife mother or father, friend even. So where does it stop?

Riiight, I understand now

why you don't like pork.

Yet you try make a joke of a victims experience...?

Seriously though, I'm sorry for your experience but this thread was about convicted murderers, not paedophiles.

It's all about you setting the bar for who deserves to live or hang based on your view it will help the victims family and the amount a tax it costs to keep people in prison even though you have no real experience how victims really feel..

Yet you try make a joke of a victims experience

You say you're a victim, but you have a history on here of saying a lot of things like that to try and establish a supposedly superior point on which to base your argument.
I'm not calling you a liar, but I view your claims with scepticism based on the amount of them you make.

It's all about you setting the bar for who deserves to live or hang based on your view it will help the victims family and the amount a tax it costs to keep people in prison even though you have no real experience how victims really feel..

It's not that many pages ago you were dismissing the way victims or families feel based on their emotional attachment. Now you want to dismiss peoples arguments for not having emotional attachments, which fckin way do you want it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In order to stop crime we have to look at the causes of crime.

Stop the abuse which breeds abuse, if we can cure the mentally sick fine, if they are still a danger to society, lock them up (after they have committed a crime) keep them locked up for our and their safety. Look at the causes for the sickness and look at preventing it in the future.

To kill a killer, that is hypocritical.

You say you're a victim, but you have a history on here of saying a lot of things like that to try and establish a supposedly superior point on which to base your argument.
I'm not calling you a liar, but I view your claims with scepticism based on the amount of them you make.

Hardly something you would expect someone to admit to in a public forum. Even quoted the case and gave the ring leaders name..

I can provide evidence for all my experiences I spoke about.

Yes I was a victim, I got over it.

It's not that many pages ago you were dismissing the way victims or families feel based on their emotional attachment. Now you want to dismiss peoples arguments for not having emotional attachments, which fckin way do you want it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Never stated that victims shouldn't have a say in relation to sentence but justice is not served by emotional responses. My response however is in reply to you view that victims families would benefit etc

Keep up lad

To kill a killer, that is hypocritical.

No it isn't. No matter what statistics you or anyone else cares to quote the death penalty would be a strong deterrant to some.
Therefore it would save innocent lives.
You can take the moral high ground as much as you like but I would argue that my stance values innocent human life much higher than yours does.

How many convicted murderers actually kill again after being released? Very few. Death penalty as a deterrant? Show me one country where the statistics back this up.

Your stance values innocent lives more? Billshut. The innocent has already died. Why kill the one off murderer when he can serve 20 years for the crime and still be a productive member of society?

If he is sick, he deserves compassion, if he was abused he deserves compassion. Why not learn from our societies mistakes to save the innocent FUTURE generations, instead of selfishly satisfying our demands for revenge.

You just won't see reason will you?
I said the death penalty would be a strong deterrent to some, that is inarguable, forget statistics. :rolleyes:
Even if it was as few as ten people a year who were put off from carrying out a murder for fear of the consequences that is ten innocent lives a year saved.
That figure is surely an underestimate yet you would would happily sacrifice those innocents on your altar of protecting the guilty. Shove it.

I won't see reason? Forget statistics?

We should start amputatiting the hands of thieves, that will be a deterrent. And stone adulterers, that will be a deterrent. And with no one cheating on anyone there will be no crimes of passion murders.

Besides, kill the murderer, to deter some would be murderers? How about finding medical, genetic, social causes for murder from the murderer themselves, if the murderers can help the problems of society, how many potential innocents are you saving then?

As you say. Shove it.

Sponsored Links
Back