Ok to mix 2-pipe and 1-pipe in same house?

Sponsored Links
Convectors MUST have a pumped flow through them to acheive the rated output.
That what I was taught anyway.
The only one pipe loops I install are UFH. ;)

6 - A one pipe system cannot be used with convector radiators.

err yes it can :D

Yeah when you put your cowboy boots on. ;)

Why don't you guys just admit it's an inefficient design well past its sell by date.
Theres also the issue of the extra cost of oversizing the radiators.

You don't need to oversize the rads, if you program it to come on 10mins earlier.

A radiator that give out 800btu's doesn't give out less because it's a one pipe system, true not as quickly as a two pipe system, but not a problem either.

Sponsored Links
Convectors MUST have a pumped flow through them to acheive the rated output.
That what I was taught anyway.
The only one pipe loops I install are UFH. ;)

And why can't you pump a flow through a convector, you could even include a compensator or blending valve if you wish.

Those would indeed not do a lot on a one pipe system. I was puzzled by your statement as "normal" rads are often indicated as convector radiators.

A radiator that give out 800btu's doesn't give out less because it's a one pipe system, true not as quickly as a two pipe system, but not a problem either.

not to get in your way of your arguments but i would imagine the figures they give for rads would be btu/h, other wise any rad of any size could give out any figure of btu's given long enough...

Those would indeed not do a lot on a one pipe system. I was puzzled by your statement as "normal" rads are often indicated as convector radiators.

And where is the problem in sticking fins on a one pipe system, you could have a whole room full of fined rads if it floated your boat.

Fortunately mehran the guys don't need educating on rad sizing.

I think :evil:

size, size, size :rolleyes:
You guys really are obsessed.
Size is relatively unimportant, it depends entirely on the circumstances how much you get out of it; I have seen really big ones that were not up to the job. All depends on how it is used.

not to get in your way of your arguments but i would imagine the figures they give for rads would be btu/h, other wise any rad of any size could give out any figure of btu's given long enough...
figures state capability. even cold a rad's still capable of reaching spec (think about it) besides that you are misunderstanding 'doitall',what he is talking about is initial warm up.it still reaches target. just takes longer to get there-INITIALLY!

we where discussing rads
:confused:
I gathered that. Was just trying to point out that you can stick a 3000 x 700 K2 in, if it is at the end of 20 metres clogged up microbore, it won't do a lot despite its huge dimensions, especially not if the other rads are on 15 mm with the lockshields wide open.

What on earth did you think I meant?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back