Old style light pull replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

My old style WC light pull has been tugged too often! The old switch/isolator seems to be a lighting circuit loop in and out with a pair of reds and a pair of blacks at the top and a single red and black off the load going to the ceiling rose (effectively 3 x T&E but actually 1 T&E, 2 single black and 2 single red&E).
To use the new connector do I put the loop live (2 reds) into L1, the rose live red into L2 and put the 3 black neutrals into a wago/block?
Getting a wago/block in in going to be a real pain, is there an alternative way to wire up?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your old switch is a double pole ,new one isn't !!
If you replace with a double pole switch you won't need a connector block

Also I would change the base, the threads on the new ones are often different and its not always an option to use the old screws, as fatness and length varies.
Therefore, test fit the new on the old base unwired or just change the base first whilst its exposed, rather than find out after you have faffed about wiring it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back