On the radio this evening I

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
was some bloke from the students union apparently they have voted to ban or stop any clapping at student union meetings to show support you should just silently wave yer hands he called it some type of jaz wave ??? Or some thing like that

Apparently clapping or applauding can cause issues for certain groups (snow flakes?)

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
I wonder what the cost to the taxpayer is, of silent applause.

I'd estimate, approximately £0.00

Transam is a grumbling Gammon.

RoastGammon.jpg

Sponsored Links
It was Manchester.

Clapping causes anxiety apparently.......surely a room full of jazz hands is more scary.

Poor old JohnD thinks Gammon causes anxiety (n)

The vague and constant moaning was not clear.

He's just grumbling about people different from himself because they do something differently. Doing no harm to anybody.

Moaning gammon

The vague and constant moaning was not clear.

He's just grumbling about people different from himself because they do something differently. Doing no harm to anybody.

Moaning gammon

It's a linear conversation which made it clear enough .

Consistently repeating the word gammon doesn't reinforce what you're saying.

...until anyone who considers clapping to be a fairly normal practice is ostracised for doing so.

I think you're just grumbling because you can't add anything of value but feel the need to weigh in anyway with nothing more than petty insults.

And they want the tax payer to fund all this caper

Education is not a caper.

The clapping experiment is not a characteristic of all education facilities.

Therefore he is grumbling about the silent applause.

Which does no harm to anybody, and costs nothing.

Unless you're blind or suffer from anxiety, or as I've already mentioned, ostracised for clapping if you don't see point of not doing so...

Is it not discrimination against the blind in favour of the deaf - isn't that what they do?

Is this waving, in cases of extreme appreciation, to be accompanied by silent cheering?
Should standing ovations only be given while remaining seated?

I would call support for this proposal by JD an example of blanket defence.
No matter what minority behaviour is questioned, he will defend it - rudely.

Edit - I should have added unless HE disagrees with it, in which case they are the scum of the Earth.

Last edited:
Education is not a caper.

The clapping experiment is not a characteristic of all education facilities.

Therefore he is grumbling about the silent applause.

This policy is being implemented by the tax payer funded university you Marxist sh1t bag, of course it costs something. Every action within that campus is a cost to the tax payer. Without finding the university would cease to exist.

was some bloke from the students union apparently they have voted to ban or stop any clapping at student union meetings to show support you should just silently wave yer hands he called it some type of jaz wave ??? Or some thing like that

Apparently clapping or applauding can cause issues for certain groups (snow flakes?)

:LOL:
How things have changed. In my day I'd have been too busy in the bar or doing my course work last min to think worry about such daft stuff.

Sponsored Links
Back