On the radio this evening I

Education is not a caper.

The clapping experiment is not a characteristic of all education facilities.

Therefore he is grumbling about the silent applause.

Which does no harm to anybody, and costs nothing.

You may have a point I dare say if you are a Jew at a Labour Party meeting they may well feel uncomfortable with ecstatic cheering , applause and foot stomping that greets denunciations of Israel ;)

Sponsored Links
I sort of know what they are getting at, if your in tiered room and the person in the seating above you is a loud clapper and their hands are near your head then clapping can be loud and hurt the eardrum.

But I do think its stupid.

I sort of know what they are getting at, if your in tiered room and the person in the seating above you is a loud clapper and their hands are near your head then clapping can be loud and hurt the eardrum.

But I do think its stupid.

God forbid any of them are studying engineering. They'll **** themselves in a factory or on a construction site.

Sponsored Links
Education is not a caper.

The clapping experiment is not a characteristic of all education facilities.

Therefore he is grumbling about the silent applause.

Which does no harm to anybody, and costs nothing.
Much of "education" is a caper..teaching 11 year olds the layout of a village in Mesopotamia in 1000bc is a ridiculous caper!.god knows the crap they teach many under graduates.kids sat for 8 hours a day in classrooms..dropped off and picked up in a vehicle...then wonder why they fat..That is a caper!

Well I think 'Clapping' is far more restrained and far less noisy and intimedting that the USA style of Shouts, whoops and 'hi fives' etc.

But then as it raised by students are we sure they are talking about applause or a medical condition?

You may have a point I dare say if you are a Jew at a Labour Party meeting they may well feel uncomfortable with ecstatic cheering , applause and foot stomping that greets denunciations of Israel ;)
did you know they were waving palestinian flags, and all other flags were banned, including the union jack.
edit , also someone was told to put away the E.U flag, just to equal things out.

Sponsored Links
Back