One must get triple jabbed...

Sponsored Links
Yep, numbers OF covid/WITH covid/OF something ELSE (eg cancer) because covid screwed the system/, are all hard to nail down.
Community estimates of infected are still around 5%, so of the 10k ish a week of all-deaths, you'd expect 500 by coincidence. Comm testing will have more false negs, etc etc, so I'd estimate we've had a few to several thousand die of omicron directly. Not very many, from a wider perspective. cf 10k in a bad flu year.

They're finding in the US that very the "unvaccinated, people over 75, and people with underlying medical conditions", are dying of Omicron at a higher rate than expected. Seems too many never got around to getting boosted.

Those boosted earlier will have waning benefit now too, so it may rumble on for a while. The "waning" would suggest that the later you get it, the worse you're likely to be. A 4th dose of the vax would be expected to have a shorter efficacy again.

We always knew where the receptors were sited - a small study shows an ill effect in the testes. (Plenty of effects elsewhwere as well, but this one is interesting in that it will reduce the reproduction abilities of the unvaxxed. ;) )

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
"Bloomberg School of Public Health, told The Post.

The unvaccinated, people over 75, and people with underlying medical conditions are the groups most endangered by Omicron, The Post said. About half of the deaths in January 2022 were among people over 75, compared to about a third in September during the Delta surge.

The age trend is seen in Florida, said Jason Salemi, an epidemiologist at the University of South Florida College of Public Health. He told The Post that seniors accounted for about 85% of deaths last winter, about 60% during the Delta surge, and about 80% now during the Omicron surge.

The uptick in senior deaths may have occurred because seniors who got vaccinated in early 2021 didn't get boosted ahead of the Omicron surge, he said.

"Omicron may be less severe for younger people, but it will still find vulnerable seniors in our community," Salemi said. "That vaccination back in February isn't as effective now if you aren't boosted.""

No surprises there.

This has to nominated for antivaxxer idiot post of the year
Prove I'm an anti vaxxer...

Oh that's right, you won't because you can't...

Does JP stand for Jabber Prat?

Prove I'm an anti vaxxer...

Oh that's right, you won't because you can't...

Does JP stand for Jabber Prat?

Madam

Your OP implied clearly that the jab was to be 100% effective. Please post a link from a respected source where someone had claimed that as I'm certain, more than certain no one of worth has ever claimed that.

Thanks

The youtube doctor who gave the "pure covid" deaths video received some criticism. So he makes another video and his only defence really was oh I covered that ages ago.

He actually high lighted a fact that the medical lot have been curious about all of the time. Why some who do not have recognised co morbidities die or have serious problems with covid. All would be ok if presented like that. Even better if he could have included the seriousness of the infection. Instead he just reeled of statistics and added isn't this interesting. I thought his earlier videos were pretty good other than implying that health wise Taiwan is a better place to live without pointing out the the NHS just hasn't had sufficient funding but then came the how to give an injection fiasco where he and the other bloke were clearly amused. He had a problem - fame and how to retain it. He'd run out of useful stuff.

Co morbidities. Well folks if your blood pressure isn't 120 over 80 you have one. To view this area info on degree is needed. Loads of people are pre diabetic for instance. There will be plenty of people around closer to stages that will need treatment. Might be years away from that.

There are well over 1m people with long covid. ~ 1/2 have had it for over 12months. ONS survey
  • 51% have fatigue
  • 37% have loss of smell
  • 36% have shortness of breath
  • 28% have difficulty concentrating
Around 20% find it makes a serious difference to what they can do. Can't walk and talk can figure.

In hindsight the response hasn't been perfect, nothing ever is, but why in particular do you believe that?

Yes, the authorities definitely had a very difficult job on their hands with lots of unknows - especially early on in the pandemic.

Firstly, the old chestnut that dying withing 28 days of a positive test in no way definitely indicates a Covid death. Secondly being told by a member of NHS staff that a fraud (maybe a little over dramatic) is being perpetrated in that people with other respiratory illnesses (eg. emphysema) had Covid entered on their death certificates instead. Lastly, a consultant neurologist my brother knows who wasn't called on much during early part of pandemic. When he did go back to work, he was reassigned to investigating discrepancies in his trust's counting of Covid mortality stats. The last point bears out what the NHS staff were saying about possible fraud.

In a way, I can understand why the government, etc would want to exaggerate the stats to encourage compliance of rules for what can definitely be a dangerous and fatal virus. I just don't pay too much attention to governement stats.

In a way, I can understand why the government, etc would want to exaggerate the stats to encourage compliance of rules for what can definitely be a dangerous and fatal virus. I just don't pay too much attention to governement stats.

There were indications early on that figures were being depressed especially in care homes etc. They have kept up the 60 odd day to death figures updated and strangely there isn't much difference. Odd really given twice the period to fall down stairs etc or have a meteorite land on your head. The ONS data is entirely different anyway but delayed. I think you will find that daily figures need some time to settle to true figures due to that but not entirely sure. They have day of death figures which are only realistically available via death certificates.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back