opinion appreciated on kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys. im installing a kitchen soon, well i hope to be doing it soon!

its doors are white and its going to be sitting on steel legs rather than having a plinth across the bottom.

originaly i purchased enough legs just for the front of the cabinets and i was going to leave the back ones as the standard black legs. but a thought just occured to me.

should i replace the back ones with silver ones aswell?? the only way the back legs are visable is if u get quite low to the ground which i assume noone will do but at the same time the only benifit of not replacing the back is financial... steel legs are not cheap.

so, just opinions really. will i regret leaving the back ones black. anyone done anything similar and regretted it??

any thoughts would be good.

cheers guys

Sponsored Links
You could try these

81_1_b.JPG

They're plastic and will expand to slip over the legs.

Depending on how straight your walls are you could always mount the rear of the cabs on a batten fixed to the wall and do away with the back legs, although when you pull the old kitchen out you'll probably find (from experience) that the bottom of the walls is an unholy mess of scrappy plasterwork, no/partial skirtings, old flooring, pipework and wiring......... if it is I'd think seriously about enclosing the mess in an MR-MDF box painted to match the walls. This would hide the bottom of the walls and also support the rears of the cabinets.

Scrit

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back