Outdoor light on 24/7 (photosensor + movement sensor)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an outdoor light that was fitted by the previous owners (so we have no instructions for it). The bulb recently blew, but when I replaced it, the light now stays on all the time. It's one of those lights that has both a photosensor and a movement sensor, so it should only come on when it's dark, and then only when activated by movement. I've checked the settings, but nothing seems to make any difference. Is it likely that when the bulb blew, the photosensor got fried?! If anyone has come across a problem like the before, I'd be grateful to hear any suggestions :)

Sponsored Links
Often if it's a cheaper type PIR light they need replacing if the adjustments don't work, someitmes the adjusting grub screw works loose from what it's supposed to adjust.

You might find the link i've attached useful if you're thinking of renewing it -

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Lighting_External_Index/index.html

It's an easier enough job to take on providing you can safely isolate the lamp and it's switch correctly

If the photosensor is one of the bayonet jobbies, just unplug it and see if the light goes out. If it does, get a new photosensor.

Otherwise it might be the PIR.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back