Oven Fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I am doing up the kitchen. I am replacing an old stand alone electric oven with a separate oven and hob.

The new oven is a Miele H4640 and is rated at only 16amps 3600w.

The cooker connection unit is a 45 amp MK unit with integrated 3 pin socket and neon indicators. The cooker ring is conencted to a 30 amp fuseway back at the CU.

Should I change the fuse down to a 16a? The only thing is the integrated socket is used to plug a kettle into. Kettle rated at 2400w.

Sponsored Links
Can't you plug the kettle in somewhere else and get rid of the socket outlet? Heating elements have quite high earth leakage levels so you'd be better off putting it on the non-RCD side and switching it to an isolator without a socket.

Regarding the fuse, it is only there to protect the cable, so if the cable is suitably protected then you don't need to reduce the fuse. The kettle will have it's own fuse so you don't need to consider that.

What size cable is currently feeding this? Are you running 2 radials or running the hob and oven off the 1 feed?

Have you notified your BCO as this work is notifiable.

Davy

My extra-sensory powers (but not karatedragon) tell me it is a gas hob.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back