Overhead Power Cables Near House - How Close Is Too Close?

RandomGrinch mentioned that some of the wires are likely to be for phones. Bearing in mind the house is approx 4 miles away from the nearest town, is it likely that internet speeds will be reasonable. I realise this may be a stab in the dark on the scant info I have.

Sponsored Links
Depends where in France it is, certain departments like us in the Lot have an agreement with Orange to put fibre to the home even to the most remote houses. Basically if you have a phone line here you will have fibre on the pole . Look for a T shaped metal bracket on top of the pole.
We went from 8 up 2 down to 500 up and down. The agent will be able to tell you.

Depends where in France it is, certain departments like us in the Lot have an agreement with Orange to put fibre to the home even to the most remote houses. Basically if you have a phone line here you will have fibre on the pole . Look for a T shaped metal bracket on top of the pole.
We went from 8 up 2 down to 500 up and down. The agent will be able to tell you.

Thanks for your advice. Place I'm looking at is in Dordogneshire. Yes, I know. I said never, but you can still get curry or fish and chips within a reasonable distance when yearning for home comforts. Even the odd proper pub and some real ale brewers.

Sponsored Links
One thing I miss is going to the pub.

Not exactly a local for you, but this one's not a million miles away. Few miles south of Bergerac.

This pub brews ales.

A pint of fizzy lager in one of those stark lotto bars doesn't really cut it.

Back