Overiding PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
i have an outside light that comes on via the PIR, there is a switch inside the house that can turn the light off, but i would like to have the benifit of being able to come home with the light coming on, but when in the house to be able to switch it to say on, i have tried to overide the light but this does not work, is there an easy way of acheiving this
thanks in advance
Ivan

Sponsored Links
By trying to override it, do you mean via the commonly supported method of turning it off and then back on again within a few seconds?

If that doesn't work with yours then you can either replace it or install a second switch wired across the PIR, assuming that is accessible.

By trying to override it, do you mean via the commonly supported method of turning it off and then back on again within a few seconds?

If that doesn't work with yours then you can either replace it or install a second switch wired across the PIR, assuming that is accessible.

have tried the turning off back on agin but this does not work, the switch controls one side the downstairs lights and the other side the one/off for the otside light, so not sure what to change thanks for your help

Simplest and easiest would be to change the fitting for one that has an override as described

Sponsored Links
Simplest and easiest would be to change the fitting for one that has an override as described
whssign.gif

the switch controls one side the downstairs lights and the other side the one/off for the otside light, so not sure what to change thanks for your help
You don't change anything that's existing - you need to add a switch to bypass the PIR, i.e. to bridge between the L in to it and the L out to the lamp. If it's an all-in-one fitting that will mean opening it up to access the internal wiring.

whssign.gif

thanks very much for the replys in terms of changing the fitting for one with an overide where is the best place to buy and what should i be asking for
ivan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back