Ovetr the top.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a qualified plumber, registered etc.

I had a lady customer ring me today to ask if she was being ripped off. She had, had a 'plumber' price to supply and install a replacement cold water storage tank in her loft as the old one was galvinised and had pin holed.

She wanted to know if the price was considered expensive, four hours labour and a replacement plastic tank...

Ready...she had been quoted £1,000.00

Lol...um a bit pricey! or what?

Sponsored Links
As a qualified plumber, registered etc.

I had a lady customer ring me today to ask if she was being ripped off. She had, had a 'plumber' price to supply and install a replacement cold water storage tank in her loft as the old one was galvinised and had pin holed.

She wanted to know if the price was considered expensive, four hours labour and a replacement plastic tank...

Ready...she had been quoted £1,000.00

Lol...um a bit pricey! or what?
FFS!!

Sponsored Links
:eek: I thought my posting a while back about an elderly neighbour being charged £172 to replace a weeping washing machine tap highlighted a rip-off.

This is in a different league!

:eek: I thought my posting a while back about an elderly neighbour being charged £172 to replace a weeping washing machine tap highlighted a rip-off.

This is in a different league!
Could be the same installer flexing his wings to even greater heights, or indeed depths.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back