painting a fibreglass roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
i,m new to the forum -- but not new to decorating
a cutomer has asked me if i would paint a fibreglass garage roof for them -- its new and un-weathered but they want it a darker colour -
can anyone suggest the best type of primer and paint to use for fibreglass , as this is not my usual area of work
-- bearing in mind that it is in a very exposed location and will get extreme weather conditions
cost of paint is not an issue - but durability is
thanks in advance for any advice

regards nelsonben

Sponsored Links
Hello ive painted fibreglass canopys in the past.
i've always used Zamix Superprime (just 1 coat needed)
As for a top coat: dulux weathersheild gloss.

I like to put 2 coats of gloss on but this must be done on consecutive days, hard to do with this weather!

hi

thanks for the reply -- i,v been looking at the job today whilst doing other work at the property concerned and had decided dulux weathershield for the top coat --
but was at a loss as to what to prime it with --
i,m not familiar with "Zamix Superprime" -- but whilst trying to find whwere i could get it from , -- i came across " dulux trade supergrip which looks like it may fit the bill -- do you think this would be suitable -- as i can buy this localy , and can,t find a nearby supply for " zamix

good weather has been rare all summer here in the north west of england

regards nelsonben

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back