Painting on new plaster in kitchen, 1 side bonded other skim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help pls, i am having my kitchen re plastered, left side with bonding plaster them skimmed and the right just skimmed.

I have done research: use either Dulux supermatt or Dulux Trade Fast Matt, thin it down about 20-30%. but everywhere it says to mist it on? is there a special tool for this?

1. Also on the left side (bonded): how long should i leave it before mist, some say 1-2 weeks others say 6 wks- 6 months ?
2. On the right side because it just being skimmed leaving ita week will be ok wont it?

I cant imagine how bad it could bubble??, but this is my first house (by my self) and i cant afford for this to wrong as i want to get a tenant in asap to help with mortgage and i will need to get the kitchen cuboards up, if it was anywhere else i wouldnt mind but i need a functioning kitchen..

thanks
Sarah

Sponsored Links
Sarah,
I have recently replastered our living room (walls),and I have just finished plastering my daughter and son in law's living room (walls and ceiling). They live 50 yds down the road from us in an identical house to ours. Their's was finished last Monday. ALL the walls etc in both rooms were neat PVA/bonding coat slurried first, (a guaranteed key, when brushed onto any sound,previously emulsioned surfaces and allowed to dry out), and then plastered over with 2 thin coats of bonding coat plaster, and finished off with 2 coats of multi finish plaster. I painted our room whenever the plaster had dried out, (around 3 or 4 days) under normal heating conditions, and I am going to paint my Daughters over the next 2 or three days....... A mist coat is "Matt" emulsion thinned down as you said, and put on with a roller. I normally put on a mist coat Crown"Matt", always matt when misting then two coats of full matt, and then the chosen colour. That's my way. Always let each coat of paint dry completely before putting on the next one, and make sure there is a "little" bit of heat and/or ventilation in the room to aid drying. To finish with, thin coats of plaster don't take long to dry out completely, as I said with adequate heat/ventilation etc, a week, on both plastered sides of your kitchen would be fine.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back