Painting plasterboard walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking for some advice.

I have plasterboard walls which I wallpapered when I last decorated. Now it is time to decorate again and I would like to remove the wallpaper and just paint the walls instead. When I wall papered last time there was a lot of areas where the plasterboard covering had come off. I filled a lot of the plasterboard holes last time but want to know is there anything I can put as a base to even the plasterboard walls so that imperfections do not show up after painting or is it a case of the only real solution being to get the plasterboard re-skimmed.

If anyone knows of a product I can use as a base layer that I can do myself it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Sponsored Links
This is by far your best option unless you can afford to get the plasterboard professionally skimmed:

http://www.coveryourwall.co.uk/category/Wallrock_Fibreliner,i.html

It's a very tough and non-shrinking lining paper for walls. Can be painted, or covered with another wallpaper.Good stuff.

It is thick enough to cover imperfections in the plasterboard surface, leaving it ready to paint. Make sure you have the slightly smoother side outwards when you apply it.

It comes in various widths - I'd go for the 1m wide if the surfaces are reasonably 'true'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back