Pan connector seeping ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed an Ideal Create Edge BTW pan - have connected to the waste with a new female connector onto the male waste protrusion on the pan - the protrusion is not as long as I've seen before, but it seemed OK for the connector - but when I turned the water on and flushed the first time, the connection seeps - have tried pushing the connector on as far as i can, but seep persists - anything I can do to stop this???

Sponsored Links
Just to be sure, it's worth putting something like a wad of tissue paper between the flush pipe connection and the pan connector as a tell-tale, and trying the flush before blaming the pan connector.

A leak at the flush pipe usually drips onto the pan connector, wetting that joint, so the pan connector gets the blame when it's really a problem with the flush cone or pipe.

Sponsored Links
Nope, it's definitely coming from the pan waste connector ...

Tried that already ...

HELP!!!
IMO pan connectors onto toilet spigots have got to be one of the worst legacy plumbing issues we suffer. In my experience its because the glazing is missing or the spigot itself its misshapen or damaged. Usually the glazing is missing underneath the spigot during manufacture which is obviously the worst location as that sits in 'water/pee/etc' 24/7 because of the way the pan connector pushes onto the spigot.

You'll have to dismantle the lot again and check. My gut feeling is the glazing. When I buy a toilet from the merchants I always examine that location and reject it if the glazing is pitted or damaged.

Why don't we go back to toilets that have a swan neck and the spigot is vertical so the leaking pan connector issue goes away. :LOL:

use silcone

you should be ashamed
hummm.gif

The connectors can be high or low quality. I once fitted a B&Q one and it leaked. Swapped for a Marley (expensive with better "rubber") and it was fine.

htgeng";p="1673123 said:
Why don't we go back to toilets that have a swan neck and the spigot is vertical so the leaking pan connector issue goes away. :LOL:
S traps only - plumbing is difficult enough already ;) Try using a Multiquik connector ...maybe you have :oops:

Poor alignment between the pan outlet and soil pipe can cause problems if it is trying to pull the pan connector to one side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back