paper edges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok one for the decorators,, i am a decorator and we all hate the edges of paper shrinking ,, just looking to see ur views on this ,, tried all the tips but always looking for more ,,,if any lol

Sponsored Links
I think at the end of the day some papers are a complete biatch and no matter what you try and do they shrink, curl and god knows what. I had a next paper not long ago and the edges curled on the table so much i had trouble booking it.

Evening out the porousity of the wall will always help a lot be it by lining, sizing or sealing, correct soaking times are very important and the correct paste of course and having the heating off is important as well. Otherwise we just gotta do the best we can!

ye all u said is true m8 ,, just a joke that u have to try hide edges once dry with all the tips ov the trade

Have to agree.
All papers are different. Cheap or expensive?
Put some cheap Manchester utd paper,(b&q) in me boys bedroom the other week, can't see a join anywhere. Well chuft.
Done one wall in living room with some black £38 a roll the misses got. A right pain in the backside. Good job I only put two pieces up before I realised to black the edges of paper. Butted joints came out white.
Got to agree with dcdec on the rest.

Sponsored Links
Hello all.
We are producing wall murals on many different material types.
What about standard paper wallpapers:
1) soaking time is the most important.
- each product should have soaking time provided on instruciton,
- soaking time must be exactly the same for all parts (strips) of wallpaper.
2) Room temperature - 16-18 is the best. If you want to dry your wallpaper too fast it will shrink badly on the wall and gaps will be shown between each wallpaper part.

If you want get good instruction for wall mural wallpapers you can visit our website. There are 3 detailed instructions with tips for decorators.
hope it will be helpful:
instruction with tips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back