paranoia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would have given you some advice but you have not bothered to give your email address like so many others.

Unfortunately I am not made to feel very comfortable making public postings here.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Unfortunately I am not made to feel very comfortable making public postings here.

Tony, stop being so paranoid. :rolleyes:

If you give good advice (which you normally do) whats the problem. :LOL:

I dont think I am really paranoid, Bahco, ( sorry dont know your real name ).

Let me explain, there are lots of forums like this and most have a simple set of guidelines mainly aimed at foul language and abusive behaviour. Most operate without any moderator at all and in spite of that run most of the time without any problems.

The Owner of this site has set it up within a business primarily to support the advertising. He has listed a rather stricter set of Rules than most sites. That in itself is not really a problem.

Unfortunately, he has a couple of moderators who dont seem to have any jobs to do and view every posting within minutes from 7 am until well after midnight. They seek to find every opportunity to tamper with peoples postings just like a junior school teacher with a red pen looking for spelling mistakes. Its as if they have a power complex.

If I was running a site I would operate a soft touch moderation with a private email to anyone seriously causing a problem, only rude, libelous or abusive posts would be deleted or publicly edited.

I would have expected, as someone within the industry with most of the right qualifications and prepared to spend a little time to give polite help, that I would have been welcomed. Not so, the two moderators jump on my postings with great glee sometimes deleting them without any explanation. The site Owner's comment is that " if I dont like it I should go away!".

Does this explain why I dont feel comfortable here? I have never had a single posting at ANY other forum deleted or edited!

Tony Glazier

MOD

if i move or delete a post you get an explaination why
you may not like it or agree but you get one
BTW there are more than two moderators
as i have said before tony i dont make the rules

see item 22

Tony old lad :)

dont go off on one here my old mucker ..!!!!!!!!!

this is a nice lil board ,unlike the old ***** at iop..lol
I was a member til last year there they are like corgi an are a REAL LAW UNTO THEMSELVES..JESUS H CHRIST ....btw I was invited to a Pesidentos meal last year so I aint a newbe fool there .. lol ...

I am happy to surf on different open forums now explaining, part P etc an sh*te like that to guys who think "I will have a go ,an fit a boiler etc ", an then cannot sell the house as corgi said would "eventually" happen ,yeah right ...hmm

I campaigned about the stopping of selling Gas appliances to non corgi from 98...
they just want your subs ..
(I dropped corgi last oct due to more B/S)

I just do bathroom refits now an its so much easier ...the 1st month after being a gas fitter ,I wasnt as stressed an I still have a bad drink habit but am going to change it ,My "peggy Sue" is well happy an I am on the nest once a day from once a week ..

anyway dont go off on one here, You my son are above all that, an many people benefit from your knowledge /experiance take these forum mods as they are just menial /busy bodies ..

I spout drunken rants here an its gone but who cares its only words on the ether /nothingness =net ..

Take Great Care an let it wash over you ,your better than letting it get fella ..

moz or was that ...any way it doesnt matter any way .. lol

Sponsored Links
Moz said:
take these forum mods as they are just menial /busy bodies ..

Every one is entitled to an opinion if that’s yours then so be it. (If I had objected to it why have I left it there?)

As for paranoia I did look it up in the dictionary to be sure and it said:
Paranoia, see Agile on diy not forums. :LOL:

Any one is more than welcome to post on this forum, providing the post complies to forum rules, if you comply, you have no worries, and at the end of the day no one is forcing anyone to post.

As has been mentioned all posts that we edit have a note put on the bottom as to why, unless it falls foul of rules, 8,12, or 14.

If we were not here this site would soon become anarchy, people often try to advertise for free, kids try and get past the swear filter, the list goes on.

mod

"Every one is entitled to an opinion if that’s yours then so be it. (If I had objected to it why have I left it there?) "

THANKYOU .LOL ....LOL

LOL >>>LOL...LOL...LOL...*GGGGGG*............................TEEHEEEHHHEE......I have posted this to many sites lol

(i have to respect all opinons if i agree with them or not, it is still an opinion) I think you are a (insert word here) , but hey that is my opinion

I have absolutely no idea who Moz is! It might however be someone I know! Although I only understood parts of it it did make me smile.

The Mod who posted anonymously above thinks that without a moderator this site would "descend into anarchy".

There are two answers I would make to that, firstly if that is the case then how do the Screwfix and the Plumbingpages sites both operate well without any moderators?

Secondly, most forum programs have a facility to set forbidden naughty words which cannot be posted. Why not set them here and leave people to post without disturbance?

Tony Glazier

i suggest you read my post again

Agile said:
I dont think I am really paranoid, Bahco, ( sorry dont know your real name ).

Let me explain, there are lots of forums like this and most have a simple set of guidelines mainly aimed at foul language and abusive behaviour. Most operate without any moderator at all and in spite of that run most of the time without any problems.

The Owner of this site has set it up within a business primarily to support the advertising. He has listed a rather stricter set of Rules than most sites. That in itself is not really a problem.

Unfortunately, he has a couple of moderators who dont seem to have any jobs to do and view every posting within minutes from 7 am until well after midnight. They seek to find every opportunity to tamper with peoples postings just like a junior school teacher with a red pen looking for spelling mistakes. Its as if they have a power complex.

If I was running a site I would operate a soft touch moderation with a private email to anyone seriously causing a problem, only rude, libelous or abusive posts would be deleted or publicly edited.

I would have expected, as someone within the industry with most of the right qualifications and prepared to spend a little time to give polite help, that I would have been welcomed. Not so, the two moderators jump on my postings with great glee sometimes deleting them without any explanation. The site Owner's comment is that " if I dont like it I should go away!".

Does this explain why I dont feel comfortable here? I have never had a single posting at ANY other forum deleted or edited!

Tony Glazier

MOD

if i move or delete a post you get an explaination why
you may not like it or agree but you get one
BTW there are more than two moderators
as i have said before tony i dont make the rules

see item 22

Tony - You obviously haven't read any of the abusive/disturbing posts made here before being removed by the moderators as I have. Having a facility that only detects 'forbidden naughty words' is not enough.

I have viewed other forum which are not moderated and quite frankly the abuse towards other posters is a disgrace.

I and I'm sure most of the people who post here have no problem with this site being monitored.

Whilst you are probably a genuinely nice person and wouldn't dream of posting inappropriately on a forum - there are a lot out there who aren't!!!

I also think it's important to remember that this is a free forum. If we want to post here they are rules which we have to comply with otherwise people can voice their opinions elsewhere........simple as that! :)

Give the moderators a break as they are volunteers doing a thankless job at the end of the day.............be thankful that I'm not one as I'd be a sw*ne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :)

At the end of the day, if you don't like what you see, go to another forum. I think that the majority of people on here would agree that the mods do a good job.

Igorian said:
At the end of the day, if you don't like what you see, go to another forum. I think that the majority of people on here would agree that the mods to a good job.
I agree, hats off to them, I prefer mods to rockers :D

who are the mods on this forum anyway?

MOD

dunno :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back