Part P courses in Portsmouth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I give up!!! Part p guys are like rocking horse ****. So I am looking to train Part P myself. I am looking for training in the Portsmouth area. Any pointers or pifalls I should be aware of??

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
There is no such thing as a 'part p course', maybe that goes someway towards explaining your difficultly in locating one! :LOL:

What do you wish to acheive? :)

you might be able to find a "Domestic Installers" course

Sponsored Links
You would do well to ensure any of these courses is actually what you want/need.

Most DISQ/EAL type courses are aimed at people who already carry out electrical work as part of their main trade. There are very few courses, outside of the standard long college course, that actually teach electrical installation.

I have been talking to a kitchen fitter who went on a "" part P "" course.

The exam was a multi-choice paper, option to have a second shot if the first guess was wrong. And at the end if the marks were too low for a pass there was a conversation with the trainer who did not say what were the correct answers but clearly hinted which were the worong answers.

So everyone passed and at £500 good value for money.....? ? ?

But how many who really failed the exam are now out there in the false assurance that they know the right way to do work covered by Part P

OTOH how many of those people would have been wiring before with absoloutely no knowlage of the regs.

Besides to be legal they still have to get into the competant person schemes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back