part p manual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About to go on a part p training defined scope course. Anyone got any training manuals (for a reasonable price) or advice on the best ones to buy? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Looks like Bas has covered all the bases on the publication side, but I will repeat the question as I would like to know why;
Why do you feel you need go on this course?

In reply - feel I need to go on this course cos have got the plumbing qualification but need the knowledge and certification to do the electrics related to it, particularly as intend to go into solar thermal installation and later to solar photovoltaics.

Thanks for book info - I think comprehensive is the word!

Sponsored Links
So you should be studying solar thermal installation solar photovoltaics, related subjects and BS7617:2008. Once you have got them, no need to go on a part p course. As you will be deemed beyond that scope.

What he said was

1) "have got the plumbing qualification but need the knowledge and certification to do the electrics related to it"

and

2) "particularly as intend to go into solar thermal installation and later to solar photovoltaics. "

Forum going downhill again...............

To Prentice- Oh, never mind - I collect certificates anyway

To Ban all sheds - but I am going to save the planet! and anyway, someone is selling this stuff so it might as well be me - can I interest you in a quote?

To Prentice- Oh, never mind - I collect certificates anyway
Well good luck then, just not the way I would have done it.
It seems a lot of people jump and the part p courses when they are not needed. not knocking anyone for it, just trying to make people aware.

To Prentice - the course includes part p defined as part of the package and didn't know I would not need it - having got to know the training provider there is a good chance it is a scam to screw more money from the likes of me. By the way the training provider is '*** training ltd'.

You don't need it if you have full scope qualications, but if it's part of a combined course you'd be daft not to complete it.
Good look with it, be interested how you get on with the thermal and solar stuff.

Thanks all- I think we've exhausted this one now

ps I will be interested to know how I get on with the solar stuff too!

I guess from that reply that you were one of the ones born that minute, and got your wallet pv burnt.

Go on the PV course, its very good and definately teaches you everything you need to know.

The prices are crazy too! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back