Part P Prosecutions

Sponsored Links
Are you referring to this thread ebee?

http://www.iee.org/Forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=205&threadid=8770&enterthread=y

Any why did he go to court?

Not because it was unsafe through poor workmanship (although it may have been).

No he was charged with failing to give a Building Notice to the Council prior to commencement of the work and failing to give notice of commencement and completion of certain stages of the work.

That's the offence.

SwindonSpark said:
Any why did he go to court?

Not because it was unsafe through poor workmanship (although it may have been).

No he was charged with failing to give a Building Notice to the Council prior to commencement of the work and failing to give notice of commencement and completion of certain stages of the work.

That's the offence.

indeed, but would anyone have gone to the effort of taking him to court for that offence if the work was all done in a safe manner?

Sponsored Links
I agree that poor workmanship should not be done by a professional electrician.

I also agree that these cases came to court because they were appaling and the householders were horrified at what they saw so they complained.

But did you notice the fact that they weren't charged with bad workmanship?

They were charged with failure to notify.

looking for an easy prosecution i guess. bringing someone down under the technical requirements is actually likely to be quite hard because its so bl**dy vauge.

Sorry Ban I missed that.
But I should have known you wouldn`t.
That`ll teach me to be a clever cloggs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back