Pay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How often do you get paid?

I get paid every 4th friday, which is great :D

It means I get paid 13 times per year (4 weeks into 52 is 13 times).

This has the advantage that with monthly budgeting (all my bills are monthly), I get a month bonus :D (which, of course, I put into a savings account) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I used to be paid this way, when you have you're own place you'll find it plays havoc with direct debits etc, assuming that you like me was pretty much on the breadline when I first bought a place.

Now, I get paid whenever I like :D :D

Shaun is paid exactly the same, every fourth Friday. Must be a retail thing.

I'm paid on the 21st of every month.

Works quite well, my money pays all of the rent and all of the monthly direct debits, regular payments etc. What's left over is my "personal" spending money for stuff that doesn't interest him, like bits for the computer(s) - the "s" there is significant because last month I did lots of overtiime and bought a laptop which has quickly been christened (not by me) the "unneccessary thing"!

Shaun's money is therefore the "joint pot" and buys the week-to-week food, going out to pubs/clubs, fags, clothes etc for both of us, as well as anything he wants for himself.

However, we're supposed to be saving for a holiday and have yet to find an effective way of doing this!

Stop smoking. :LOL: Wheres Shaun work? (Clues will suffice if you dont want to say :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
Crafty said:
Stop smoking. :LOL: Wheres Shaun work? (Clues will suffice if you dont want to say :LOL: )
A well-known footwear store which rhymes with "Parks" ;)

ninebob said:
Shaun's money is therefore the "joint pot" and buys the week-to-week food, going out to pubs/clubs,*FAGS*,

You mean rent boys?

Tim 77 said:
Crafty said:

Every Friday around 1am, although my wage slip is always ready by Wednesday moring. :D
So is mine. :) Its posted to us wednesday PM, in store by thursday morning, sometimes friday.

Crafty said:

The trouble is you have to work it out when the 4th Friday is every month, I get paid on the 1st which is easier ;)

This has the advantage that with monthly budgeting (all my bills are monthly), I get a month bonus icon_biggrin.gif (which, of course, I put into a savings account) icon_lol.gif
Getting paid monthly is more money than 4 weeks pay?

Yes, but if i budget monthly based on my 4-weekly pay, I get a month where I'm paid twice, and its a nice bonus! :D

They pay us 4-weekly because its easier to work out. Most of our staff are on hourly rates with overtime, they just take the last 4 weeks overtime and the previous 2 and next 2 weeks basic rate. Imagine if they were to do this monthly? :eek:

Crafty said:
Yes, but if i budget monthly based on my 4-weekly pay, I get a month where I'm paid twice, and its a nice bonus! :D

They pay us 4-weekly because its easier to work out. Most of our staff are on hourly rates with overtime, they just take the last 4 weeks overtime and the previous 2 and next 2 weeks basic rate. Imagine if they were to do this monthly? :eek:

OK, try doing that when you own your own home, I'll bet it's quite easy now :LOL:

Get paid when I finish the job :(

Crafty said:
which, of course, I put into a savings account) :LOL:

would that be a post office savings account :?:
:LOL: :LOL: >>>>>runs off

Crafty said:

It means I get paid 13 times per year (4 weeks into 52 is 13 times).

This has the advantage that with monthly budgeting (all my bills are monthly), I get a month bonus :D (which, of course, I put into a savings account) :LOL:

why doesnt your mum give you your pocket money every saturday like every school child

Sponsored Links
Back