PCb faults

Sponsored Links
Why would you want to... If the PCB is duff, then fit a new one...Unless it is an Ideal PCB in which case, just fit a new boiler

Sponsored Links
:D That write up made me spill me tea, it was so funny !

Fitted quite a few Isars, Icos's and in the guise of Evo's, not had any problems compared to other makes

its how you fit them, not the boilers iv fitted loads of ideal an never get a problem apart from what you would expect from a five year old blr, Logic is a boss blr no problem what so ever, don't talk to me about Veissmann & Vaillant :LOL:

What a load of nonsense,there is known issue with diverter valves and also the pcb,certain component is well under rated .This is known to us and for a couple of quid we could quite easily fix these pcb's,but due to the nature of litigation and blame society we live in we dont bother and replace them as soon as they die out

This has absolutely nothing to do with the way the boiler is installed just some masturbating companies will blame the installer for an inferior product

incorrect, so what your saying is even if i fit this blr upside down it will still be ok!? if you dont fit boilers as per the manufacture instructions you will have a lot more trouble with it, due to system water, gas pipesize,bypass sise these are just a few things that installers leave every single day.

Dont talk nonsense ......................Ideal make a inferior product which was released on the general public which had faults with the PCB because of cost cutting a cheap down rated component was used ,so later on they have changed this and the horrendous price of nearly £200 quid

A company like ideal should be on watch dog not like some of the small time con artists ,ideal should have done a product recall and admitted to passing off a pile of scrap as boiler to the unwitting public

The easiest thing is always to blame the installer,especially when standing in front of house holder who has absolutely no knowledge of the finite details of our job.

we always advise our customers to ring us first so that we can go through simple checks with them to find out what is causing the problems,also if there are any when the engineer who visits on wrranty call to ring us while he is present so we know exactly who he is and what he has said and to find out if what he is saying is genuine or he is blag artist

This approach always sorts out the wheat from the chaff,but then again we dont deal with the likes of Ideal who have track record of not honouring warranty issues

Why would you want to... If the PCB is duff, then fit a new one...Unless it is an Ideal PCB in which case, just fit a new boiler

I get that, I was just wondering what you would look for to suspect a faulty PCB in general. As sometimes it may not be the board at fault and I have known them to be changed unnecessarily.

WHat are the signs to look for etc?

Happy plumber is spot on with his post , manu's (some ?) will take any oppurtunity to blame the installer for what ever go's wrong with there product , we should be grateful that some of these boiler manu's do not make the electronic's that go in our T.V's ect .
we alway's get told about how much installation fault's cost manu's , how much do manu fault's cost the installer ?? there is no one on this site that has not lost time & money & had there rep damaged by boiler manu's , dumping basically rubbish onto the market !!!

....I was just wondering what you would look for to suspect a faulty PCB in general....
A lot of PCB faults are caused by a bad / dry solder joint, this quite often happens around where multi plugs connect to the PCB as the stress on the joints of the board from the plugs can cause a crack in the solder joints.

Sometimes these bad / dry joints are easy to spot as the joint has cause some arcing so you may see that it is discolored (blackish). Other times they can be very difficult to spot and are no more than a hairline crack around the joint, you will need a good magnifying glass to spot these.

If the fault is intermittent tapping areas of the PCB whilst the boiler is attempting to fire can often reveal the problem joint(s)

Solder joints can be repaired quite easily with a quick dab with the soldering iron, a lot of the time this is all that is wrong with a defective PCB.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back